YMMV: Phantasy Star I
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Phantasy Star was one of the first games officially translated (sorta) into Portuguese. 20 years later, Brazilian gamers still have fond memories of it.
- Most Annoying Sound: The Laser Gun. Even worse, it's arguably Odin's best weapon so you'll hear it a lot.
- Older Than They Think: Unusually for an RPG, technological weapons do a set amount of damage, ignoring the attributes of both the user and the target. The Saga games are the most well-known ones that use this mechanic, but Phantasy Star did it two years earlier. Later games would have them work more like conventional weapons.
- Porting Disaster: While the Gameboy Advance port fixed most of the engrish of the original version, it had a couple problems. For one, the game had a tendency to freeze when the player saved. The other is the RNG seemed to be broken, so attacks would either always hit or always miss and they would always do a set amount of damage.
- What an Idiot: While Odin had the foresight to bring a cure to petrification before fighting Medusa, he gave that cure to a creature (Myau) that is unable to open the container it was kept in.
- Since Odin is petrified when the party first meets him, this proves he was literally Too Dumb to Live.