Ho Yay: There's a one-sided element of this to Nick and Schmidt's friendship, much to Nick's dismay.
- Schmidt's jealousy at being the only one in the group to have not seen Nick's penis.
Schmidt: Wait, Nick's going to show his penis to the ocean and not me! *runs after him*
- Also, there's those times when Nick accidentally says borderline-romantic things to childhood friend Winston and then scrambles to correct himself.
- In response, Winston is pretty defensive of Nick's attractiveness.
- Nick can get weirdly over-invested in some of Jess' love interests. (Unlike her, his feelings for Russell have not diminished over time.)
Nick: Ah, the only man we both loved.
- Two words: lap dance (two more words: eye contact). Nick reached a new level of dismay at this point.
- Schmidt and Robby. Schmidt even called them "married."