YMMV: Megazone 23
- Broken Base: The Mega Zone 23 fanbase can't seem to decide on much of anything.
- Which installment of the series is the best? Is Part II an interesting, different, unique continuation of the series? Or is it just a mindless gorefest? And is Part III Jumping the Shark, or still good in its own right?
- Which English dub of the series is best? The Streamline Pictures dub of Part I? The Manga UK dub of Part III? The ADV Films dub of the entire series? Is the ADV dub a well-done adaptation of the original, or does it suffer from Totally Radical rewrites and overzealous acting due to a bad direction job?
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Himitsu Kudasai" (Please Tell Me the Secret), from the end of Part II.
- Does anybody else think it sounds like "It's a Sin" by The Pet Shop Boys?
- Harsher in Hindsight
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The series was envisioned as a 12-episode series, but the sponsors pulled their support halfway through, forcing it to be compiled into four slightly disjointed movies. However, the series length is roughly 260 minutes long, including credits. One episode in anime is 20 minutes long without credits. Work it out.
- Ho Yay: Part II
- Macekre: The Harmony Gold release.
- Narm: Aside from the obvious/already-stated, there's Yui's voice in the new dub. Some overlap with Most Annoying Sound.
- Cyndi in Part 2 is worse - and even more annoying. Of course, being voiced by Tiffany Grant, that's to be expected.
- Superlative Dubbing: Depending on who you ask (see Broken Base at the top of this page), any of the uncut series dubs could qualify for this (the dubs done by Streamline Pictures, ADV Films and Manga UK, to be precise).