YMMV: Marmalade Boy
- Die for Our Ship: Poor, poor Namura-sensei.
- Ear Worm: Every. Damn. Song. Especially "Egao ni Aitai" and "Saigo no Yakusoku".
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Meiko and Satoshi. Many fans were visibly irked by Namura's re-entry into Meiko's life, and the abrupt abortion of what seemed a slow-but-steady romantic buildup between her and Satoshi. Many post-series fics have been written with Namura either dying in a fire or turning out to be an abusive husband, leaving the door open for Satoshi to play Knight in Shining Armor.
- Some people also ship Bill/Anju over Bill/Jinny, due to the Birds of a Feather deal.
- Ho Yay: While all three are proven to be straight or at very least straight-leaning, it's interesting that of Yuu's two closest friends in the series, he is suspected of being lovers with one (Satoshi) and the other is long believed to be gay (Bill).
- Moe: Yayoi
- The Scrappy: Tsutomu. He is (again, arguably) later rehabilitated as "comic relief" and eventually he dates Yayoi in the anime.
- Values Dissonance: This is not something you want to marathon with anyone overly obsessed with being PC and/or who forgets that the series's pretty dated by today's standards. Miki sometimes becomes very clingy and dependant on others, Yuu has occasional moments of chauvinism, and the Meiko-Natchan relationship being portrayed as it does HAS been noted to produce this reaction in some viewers.
- The Woobie: Oh, so many. Specially Meiko and Ryouko.