YMMV: Half-Minute Hero
YMMVs applying to Half-Minute Hero as a whole:
- Awesome Music:
- Fridge Brilliance: When fighting the Evil Lord in Hero 300, your party actually fits within the rock-paper-scissors aspect of his game mode; Hero is a nimble, Princess is a shooter, and Knight is a brute.
- Goddamned Bats: Shooter enemies in Evil Lord 30. It's easy to run around other enemy types, but if there's more than a couple shooters nearby, they'll constantly knock you back.
- Goddamned Boss: Grillade, from Knight 30. Swoops in and attacks the Sage every few seconds, forcing you to drop what you're doing and move him out of the way, and prevents you from parking him on a sanctuary.
- It's Easy, so It Sucks: The initial modes available are all pretty easy once you understand them. Hero 30 gets progressively harder and throws you more curveballs as you continue, but the strategies for Evil Lord 30, Princess 30, and Knight 30 never significantly change.
- Porting Distillation:
- There's an Xbox 360 port which takes Half Minute Hero, upgrades the graphics to a Paper Mario/Wind Waker like style, and changes the design of the other modes into more of a Hero 30 type but with different methods of attacking.
- The PC version, "Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy", appears to be more of this, including both the new graphics from the XBLA version, and the original, more fleshed out versions of the other modes from the PSP release. The developers even call it the "ultimate version".
- However, it's still missing some things, such as the music player, gallery, and the "Another Goddess" quest.
- Averted with The Second Coming, which is not missing anything from its PSP version.