YMMV: Code MENT
- Angst? What Angst?: Mao can still read minds, and implies that it's just as bad as in canon, but he just brushes it off by cheerfully saying, "Alright, let's just get this out here, I can read minds. Not as fun as it sounds."
- Crazy Awesome: Lelouch.
- Crosses the Line Twice: The inevitable parodies (plural) of the "Nina X Table-kun" scene. One of which is soundtracked with "A Whole New World." Right after a random gag of Shirley generating a literal tsunami of pee.
Lelouch: Gettin' kicked off the internet for this one.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: A lot (if not all) of the music Purpleeyes uses for his Techno Remix/Music Video Segments/Action Scenes/Post credits bits is pretty damn good and or catchy.
- "Unbelievable sight (squig), indescriptible feeling...".
- If you love me let me go Back to that bar in Tokyo (Chorus) If you love me let me go Back to that bar in Tokyo Where the demons from my past Leave me in peace(ah ah ah anekatips ah) I'll be animating every night The grass will be greener on the other side And the Vampires and Wolves Won't sink their teeth (ah ah ah ah ah)I'm sick of dancing with the beast
- Fridge Logic: The series seems to run on the awareness that the characters are completely insane and the viewer will likely question every action they make when they actually sit back and wonder why they did that instead of practical choices.
- Even the plot can end up as Fridge Logic at times. On first viewing, the behavior of the characters tends to make no sense, and on the whole each episode seems to be a random assortment of clips. But upon rewatching it a couple times, a coherent narrative begins to appear.
- Growing the Beard: Fairly normal at the beginning with a hint of strangeness. It gets progressively weirder as time goes on, most definitively becoming the wacky series it is around Episode 5.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The ending of the first episode: "Well, look on the bright side...at least it can't get any weirder." It did get weirder, and it's all the better for it.
- Idiot Plot: It's amazing how much the characters (especially those in charge of something) are complete buffoons.
- Magnificent Bastard: Sanji.
*explosion*Lelouch: What the hell—Kallen: What the hell?Cornelia: What the hell!Suzaku: What the hell?!Sanji: Sayonara.
- Memetic Mutation: Call my therapist. Tell him he's a rich man.
- In one episode, Diethard mentions that the underground Japanese Resistance Army location is one of the first things that comes up on google. Thanks to the fans, it WAS around the time of the episode's release... and is still a pretty popular search evidently.
- "I'm at soup!"
- Most Annoying Sound: Suzaku is able to produce the sound of a vuvuzela by screaming, Jeremiah is very annoyed by it, to the point where he changes Suzaku's sentence from community service to execution.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: To Code Geass, naturally.
- X Meets Y: It's kind of like if Code Geass was written by the creators of Family Guy.