Creator / thatgamecompany
thatgamecompany is an American Video Game
developer, founded on May 15, 2006 by Jenova Chen and Kellee Santiago.
Video games developed by thatgamecompany:
Examples of tropes found in the company's history:
- Beautiful Void:
- Cloud: In the actual gamespace, it's clouds, the blue sky, and the islands below, with a volcano, and some buildings added in the fourth level.
- flOw: The only features are the creatures you eat, the creature you are, and the watery substance around you.
- The McCoy: The point of thatgamecompany is making video games based on emotions unusual to the medium.
- One-Word Title: Even thatnextgame is a Portmantitle.
- Silence Is Golden: Hardly any dialogue pops up in the games.
- Worth It: TGC went two years over the deadline and the budget and was effectively bankrupt by the time they shipped Journey but a single email made it all worth it.