Western Animation: The Little Flying Bears
The Little Flying Bears (Croatian: Leteći medvjedići) is an animated television series produced by Zagreb Film and CinéGroupe. It was a Croatian/Canadian co-production which originally aired in 1990.This cartoon helps children realize the importance of protecting the environment. The series shows the harmful effects of pollution and fires, as well as the important role of the ecosystem.
- Beary Friendly: the flying bears
- Comically Missing the Point: Skulk once had a party with fireworks that went out of control. After the fire was put off, Plato said he hoped Skulk learned his lesson. Skulk said next party would be held closer to the river so it'll be easier to get water.
- Cool Old Guy: Plato
- Failure Is the Only Option: Skulk's plans.
- Gang of Critters
- Go-Karting with Bowser: In one episode, the bears, Sammy and Skulk celebrate a birthday together.
- Green Aesop: The main M.O. of the show.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Skulk has a real soft side to him, actually.
- Laughably Evil: Many villains in the series count.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Sammy. The most notable example was when he not only didn't agree to help Skulk but also warned the flying bears about Skulk's plan.
- Meaningful Name: Plato. Wise old mentor who (along with the rest of the bears, if memory serves) lives in a (not necessarily platonic) cave.
- Obliviously Evil: Skulk and Sammy aren't so much evil as they are greedy and stupid. Any destruction they cause is unintentional, usually because they didn't think through their latest harebrained scheme.
- Sore Loser: The aptly-titled episode "Sore Losers" featured a yearly competition Skulk and Sammy always lose. One year, they took it so bad they bullied the winning team into accepting a rematch.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Skulk and Sammy
- Wicked Weasel: Skulk.