Western Animation / Fly Me to the Moon
Fly Me to the Moon
is an animated European film created by Summit Entertainment and N-Wave Entertainment in 2008. It started out as a 4-D Ride in various theme parks. It's about three flies named I.Q., Nat, and Scooter stowing away on a flight to space, after hearing about space flight Apollo 11 launching to the moon. Unfortunately, some Russian flies are trying to sabotage the launch because they can't stand the idea of Americans reaching the moon before Russians do.
This film provides examples of:
- Adult Fear: There are cutscenes with the flies' worried parents throughout. Nat's mother even faints, in fear of what could happen to her child.
Scooter's Mother: Oh, if something happens to them, I'll never forgive myself...
IQ's Mother: I always told I.Q., never go beyond the fence!
- Artistic License – Biology: So now flies can live for several decades and not all fly "children" are maggots?
- Big Bad: Comrade Poopchamp.
- Big Eater: Scooter. His friends convince him to go on a diet once they return to Earth, but his dialogue makes it clear he won't stick with it for long.
- Color-Coded Characters: Nat's spacesuit is blue, I.Q.'s is green, and Scooter's is red.
- Cool Old Guy: Grandpa McFly.
- Disney Death: A brief one after the protagonists get sprayed by the astronauts.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar:
- This exchange near the beginning:
Bug #1: I've been trying to watch my weight. You never know what kind of crap they put in these things.
Bug #2: It's a dung heap, stupid! There's nothing BUT crap in it!
- When the film was redubbed for Brazilian viewers, IQ's Mother's line about telling him "never go beyond the fence" is changed to "never jump the fence". Among Brazilians, "to jump the fence" is a slang term that refers to someone cheating on their spouse.
- Heel–Face Turn: Nadia. She even comes to America all the way from Russia just to meet Grandpa McFly again.
- It's All My Fault: Nat during the other two's Disney Death.
- Reality Ensues: Those three flies really shouldn't have thought they would get to the moon without a hitch.