is a Sparky Animation animated series based on the book series of the same name
. Gene and Gerald, two friends who enjoy Toilet Humour
, decide to enter a contest for their favorite television show Yucky Science
. After trying to create gross slop in a toilet made out of moldy bananas, dirty socks, etc., a lightning bolt strikes the slop, and a half-monkey, half-boy named Fleabag is born
. Dr. Dirk Spamflex, the host of Yucky Science
, discovers Fleabag and repeatedly tries to sabotage Fleabag, Gene, and Gerald's plans to make their own TV show called Gross Out TV
in order to get his
TV show back on the air (which was lost after he made a giant monster from Fleabag's earwax
The show is well-known for having lots of Toilet Humour
- Aesop Amnesia: You would think by now Frank the TV Producer would be smart enough to not even bother associating with Dr. Spamflex. And yet in every episode, he almost signs a contract that would get Dr. Spamflex's show back, despite knowing who he is and everything he's done.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Some of Dr. Spamflex's Evil Plans involving making a giant disgusting monster, such as the earwax monster from the pilot episode.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Some of Dr. Spamflex's weapons. In one episode, he builds a giant growth ray that can only be used one time. He hits the wrong target.
- Big "NO!": Frank after his newphew gets kidnapped by the Spamflex clones.
- Black Best Friend: Gene.
- Catch Phrase: "I WANT MY TV SHOW BAAAAAAAAACCCCKKK!!"
- Disproportionate Retribution: Your everyday villain uses giant monsters to aid in their conquest for world domination. But every heinous act Dr. Spamflex commits against Fleabag, Gene, and Gerald is all for the sole purpose of getting a TV show back on the air.
- One of Fleabag's main superpowers. The other is belching.
- There's also the weapon called the "Fartzooka," which is exactly what you think it is.
- Farson the Venus fart-trap attacks by farting from its mouth.
- Funny Animal: Fleabag's half-boy, half-monkey, but he just looks like a walking, talking primate wearing clothes.
- Gasshole: Fleabag, for starters.
- Grossout Show
- Hoist by His Own Petard: A lot of Dr. Spamflex's dastardly plans end up coming back around and biting him in the ass.
- I Drank What?:
- One of the key ingredients in Grossa Cola is rotten cabbage.
- And then there's the episode where Fleabag becomes a chef... Thankfully, no bodily fluids were used.
- Large Ham: Fleabag and Dr. Spamflex.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Deathbeak to Dr. Spamflex.
- The Pigpen: Guess.
- Toilet Humour: Where do we start?!
- Uncleanliness Is Next to Ungodliness: Averted with Fleabag, who's one of the nicest characters in the show, but also one of the smelliest.
- You Need a Breath Mint:
- Fleabag mentions that he has a super power called "Bionic Bad Breath."
- The giant swamp monster from the episode "Swamp Thing," which has apparently "never heard of oral hygiene."
- Farson the Venus fart-trap is a plant that can fart. From its mouth. Its breath is capable of making someone pass out before he/she can even say the plant's breath stinks.
- The Really Abominable Snowman has the same "Bionic Bad Breath" power as Fleabag, which Fleabag figured out after getting a whiff of it.