Flavio the Goat
(simply titled as "Flavio") is an American animated short film created by Mike Milo
. It was first screened on March 15th 2007 and was part of the Random Cartoons! show which aired on Jan 24th 2009 on Nicktoons Network. Like most of the shorts therein this one wasn't picked up to become a series.
It tells the story about an over-emotional Italian goat who works as a dishwasher in a pizzeria and longs to be a famous inventor like his hero Leonardo da Vinci
The full video is posted on YouTube
uploaded by Mike himself. Oh and here's the production blog
to find out more about Flavio, his inventions, etc. The aforementioned link to his website also contain information.
This short provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Flavio
- Aerith and Bob: We have Flavio, which is an official Italian name. His two other friends are called Mr. Frank and Bossman—apparent nicknames.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Applies to the incidental characters only while the main (or most of the seen) characters still pretty much have colors of their natural species.
- All There in the Manual: In the blogs to be exact. You'll see that Flavio is mentioned to be 18 years-old and that he has made over 3000 inventions throughout since he started at the age of 7.
- There's a possibility that his last name is "Milano" after seeing this entry about his great great grandpa.
- Animals Not To Scale: Bossman the pig is bigger than Mr. Frank, the lion. Oddly enough, Mr. Frank can carry him.
- Here's the lineup◊ to canonize their true heights.
- Animal Stereotype: Bossman being a pig is fat and gets tired after running a short distance.
- There's also Mr. Frank who is described to be laid-back. Almost true because real (male) lions are usually seen sleeping, if not wandering about.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Leonardo da Vinci in here is interpreted as a dog.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Mr. Frank's receptive attitude to support Flavio.
Mr. Frank: Sure, Flav. I'll probably lose my job, my dreams, my future but anything for you.
- However in the first storyboarding, he does the exact opposite by saying: "You don't want me to lose my job because of your dreams, do you?"
- Bumbling Sidekick: Mr. Frank the lion.
- Catch Phrase: Flavio's "Good/Bad Guy List" lines.
- For you, Mr. Frank? "Genius..."
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Though...it only ended with Flavio catering the fund-raising marathon with one of his inventions* which made his boss really proud of him, thus earning him the key to the restaurant.
- Emotion Bomb: Word of God has stated that he's hyper-emotional. Flavio cries when he's sad, blaming himself or panicking (he may suck his thumb on that one) but that's not to say he cries in heavy situations only. Also gets very feisty when not being listened too. However, he is still nice through and through.
- Expy: Word of God has also stated that some have commented that the short's characters are almost similar to SpongeBob. Flavio to SpongeBob, Mr. Frank to Patrick and Bossman to Mr. Krabs.
- Funny Animal
- Gadgeteer Genius: Guess who.
- Gratuitous Italian
- Gross-Up Close-Up: A bird's vomit on Mr. Frank's head.◊
Flavio: Love from above, huh?
- Hyperspace Mallet: He can get his inventions from out of his back.
- Insufferable Genius: To Bossman especially if one of his inventions are causing some sort of damage.
- Italians Talk With Hands: Flavio being Italian and all. Let's just say he moves his hands a lot.
- It's All About Me
- Kid Hero: Added just for pun.
- Mean Boss: Bossman. Not that much, though.
- Olive Garden: Besides Flavio, the other two seem to be Italian-Americans as well, by judging.
- The Smart Guy: Flavio, if smart-Alec counts.
- Tears of Joy: When his boss finally trusts him.
- Token Human: Once again, in the first storyboarding, there was a businessman who Flavio forces to make him sell one of his inventions.