CG animated series airing as part of Vortexx block on the CW. Notable for premiering in the very last season of broadcast network Saturday Morning Cartoons.In The Future, disputes on Earth are resolved by the Lunar League Games — robots competing in sporting events in a robot city on the Moon. All these robots were built by the mysterious Dr. Tommy, except for the malevolent Bloodbots built by Dr. Blood, who wants to conquer the Moon.Bolts and Blip were best friends stuck in a boring office job, who wanted to take part in the games—then due to a computer error, they got their chance, joining the chronically losing team, the Thunderbolts. To everyone's surprise, including their own, they do well there, and the Thunderbolts start winning.Blip, meanwhile, starts uncovering evidence of a conspiracy involving Dr. Blood's plans to conquer the Moon.
Bolts and Blip provides examples of:
- Baleful Polymorph: What the Reformatter does to robots, turning them into household appliances.
- Big Bad: Dr. Blood.
- The Chosen One: Blip. Dr. Tommy designed him to manifest super-powers when Dr. Blood makes his move, but not before.
- Cursed with Awesome: Sadie's malfunctions are beneficial almost as often as they are detrimental.
- The Everyman: Blip.
- Evil Twin: Since Sadie is introduced as a buggy prototype, Sadie 2.0 eventually makes her appearance. Of course she's evil.
- Fem Bot: Lunar City has both male and female robots.
- The Fool: Bolts.
- The Ghost: Dr. Tommy until the end of the series.
- Hidden Elf Village: The Land of the Shlepricauns, the little recycling robots that nobody seriously believes in.
- The Hunter: Helsing-5, a robot who hunts robot vampires.
- The Igor: D-Gor, Dr. Blood's abused assistant.
- Jerk Jock: Tigrr Jaxxon.
- MacGuffin: The Black Box.
- Mecha-Mooks: Unlike Dr. Tommy's robots, Dr. Blood's Bloodbots seem virtually mindless, or at least personality-less.
- Mineral Macguffin: Potofgoldium, which the Shlepicauns make from recycled trash.
- Recycled IN SPACE!: Robot leprechauns and robot vampires.
- Super Mode: Blip discovers he has one, but can't activate it when he wants to.