is a Saturday Morning Cartoon
block on The CW
, that replaced Toonzai
, and is run by Saban Brands
The block aims to feature action-adventure and comedy shows, including Professional Wrestling
, and airs in HD, unlike with Toonzai and other past 4Kids Entertainment
Unfortunately, in the Fall of 2014, it will be replaced with Litton's all live-action One Magnificent Morning
block, marking the end of the era of American free broadcast Saturday Morning Cartoons.
Shows airing on Vortexx (Toonzai holdover marked with *):
The block provides examples of:
- Edited for Syndication:
- Last Of Its Kind - Well, Toonzai had this trope, and it applies ever more fittingly here. Fall 2014 will mark the End of an Age.
- Lighter and Softer: As mentioned above, every acquired show is edited down to air under The CW's strict TV-Y7-FV standards.
- WWE Saturday Morning Slam was lighter fare than WWE's usual programming, being forced to abide by TV-G standards instead of WWE's usual TV-PG-V rating. Also, moves aimed at the neck or head are banned. This got a little obvious when Randy Orton had a match, since his finisher, the RKO, specifically targets the neck. Every time he tried it, or his second rope DDT, they would awkwardly cut to the announcers.
- Saturday Morning Cartoon: see Last Of Its Kind
- Vindicated by Reruns: Despite being over 7 years old, Justice League Unlimited is routinely the highest rated show on the block.