TheCW4Kids, was a Saturday Morning Cartoon block on The CW that began in August 2010. Run by 4Kids Entertainment, Toonzai ran a mostly anime programming block that tailored to a younger audience.It bit the dust in August 18, 2012, in favor of a new Saban-run block, Vortexx. The block ended with a Yu-Gi-Oh! marathon.Toonzai, formerly
Notable programs aired by Toonzai:
This animation block provided examples of:
- Darker and Edgier: Despite being heavily Edited for Syndication, Dragon Ball Z Kai is still quite violent.
- Edited for Syndication: Even ignoring The CW network's Standards & Practices, this was still run by 4Kids. Did you expect anything else?
- Expy / Follow the Leader: Of Toonami. Al Khan even cited it as an inspiration.
- Last Of Its Kind: Prior to its demise, this block was the only remaining children's block on American broadcast television which consists of new content meant to entertain, rather than years-old Reruns of Edutainment Shows (CW stations usually fill the deadest spaces weekday mornings with E/I content on their own, usually from DiC). However, rather than let its demise mark the end of these, the honor was passed to its successor, Vortexx.
- Lighter and Softer: Than Toonami.
- Saturday Morning Cartoon