Aloha, Scooby-Doo! is the eighth installment in the Scooby-Doo direct-to-DVD film series produced by Warner Bros. Animation.The Scooby-Doo gang goes on an all-expenses paid trip to Hawaii that's being sponsored by the Goha Aloha-surf company, thanks to Daphne winning a contest to design some new swimwear for them. However, there is conflict surrounding this year's surfing contest. Usually it's open only to the locals, but this year the mayor has it open to everybody, including mainlanders, causing some conflicts among the contestants who happen to be locals. A few days before the contest, an evil creature known as the Wiki-Tiki Spirit and its little tiki demons attack, kidnapping a local woman called Snookie. Manu, the local surfing champion (aka, "The Big Kahuna of Hanahuna") and Snookie's boyfriend, agrees to help the gang solve the mystery of the Wiki-Tiki and rescue Snookie.Oh, and Daphne's in the surfing contest.
This movie provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adam Westing: Adam West (duh) as Jared Moon.
- Aloha, Hawaii!
- Bare Your Midriff: Daphne does this for the entire film—although it's justified in that she's probably wearing a bikini underneath her main outfit for the film.
- Convection Shmonvection
- Cool Car: The gang apparently couldn't bring the Mystery Machine with them to Hawaii, but they got a rental car that has the same coloring scheme as the Mystery Machine does.
- Darkhorse Victory: To the villains, as Scooby unintentionally beats them in the surfing contest.
- Eccentric Mentor: Auntie Mahina; in spite of having the "dark shaman" reputation, she is very playful, quirky and extroverted. Lampshaded by Velma:She's a Shaman-she's supposed to be eccentric.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: After Fred claims, "Danger is my middle name!," Velma reveals that his middle name is actually "Herman," making Fred's full name Fredrick Herman Jones.
- Jerkasses: Most of the non-local contestants.
- Lava Adds Awesome
- Let's Split Up, Gang
- Mr. Fanservice: Manu could qualify for this—being voiced by Mario Lopez definitely helps.
- Ms. Fanservice: Daphne, even more so here than usual. Manu's girlfriend, Snookie, could also qualify.
- "Scooby-Doo" Hoax
- Surfer Dude: There are a few. Specifically Manu.
- The Reveal: Manu and Snookie were the ones behind the whole thing—they were trying to scare off the locals and non-locals to buy up all the property in the area and then sell it back to the original owners to make a huge profit. Snookie's real name is also revealed to be "Pamela Waeawa," which was the name that all the houses bought up by her and Manu were put under.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Daphne.
- You Meddling Kids