She's got super-electric dreams.Band Vs Band
is a webcomic by Kathleen Jacques. It follows two bands
, The Candy Hearts
and The Sourballs
, and the mutual rivalry slash attraction between their leaders, cheerful do-gooder Honey Hart and dark troublemaker Turpentine. Currently updates once a week.
This comic provides examples of:
- Bold Inflation: Speech bubbles often include varied typefaces and other effects.
- Battle of the Bands
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Honey and Turpentine, not that either one would ever admit it.
- Cast Full of Gay: Played with. Of the main band members; four are gay, two are bi, one is straight and one is transgender
- Everyone in Venus and the Angels is gay.
- Clue from Ed.: In this one...in reference to the page immediately before it.
- Drag Queen: Markus "Venus Destructo" Martinez, fronting one of the secondary bands that sometimes appears.
- Every One Can See It: Averted with Honey, while the audience is fully aware of her massive crush, only one of her bandmates is even aware she has a crush. Coco is unsure though, if it's Turps or Arsenic that Honey is crushing on.
- Fourth Wall Mail Slot: Real letters from readers — but the fourth wall part is ambiguous in-universe, since the characters seem to interpret it as mail from fans of the bands.
- Heart Symbol: Constantly.
- Gayngst: Thanks to her grandmother, Honey Hart has a stigma that won't allow her to admit, even to herself, that she is gay. It's pretty obvious she is though.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Is not something Honey Hart would say, it's way too vulgar.
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Music Stories
- Odd Name Out: The Candy Hearts: Honey, Coco, Cherry, and ...Zero.
- Oral Fixation: Arsenic.
- Rainbow Lite: Rainbows appear entirely in shades of blue and pink.
- Rainbow Speak
- Retro Universe
- Ship Tease: Honey and Turps.
- Stage Name: Almost everyone.
- Transparent Closet: While never doing anything to indicate she is in the closet, Turps is rather shocked to find out that it is obvious that she's gay.
- The Power of Rock
- Unrequited Love: Stacy, a reoccurring side character, is in love with her male best friend, but he's gay. Doesn't help that they first met during a threesome.
- Coco, Candy Heart's bass player, has a crush on Honey, but knows Honey is in love with someone else. Coco takes it in stride if a bit sad that she lost before she got to try.
- Visible Silence
- Wingding Eyes: There have been both hearts and spirals.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Arsenic, Coco, Soda, and several extras.