She's got super-electric dreams.Band Vs Band
is a webcomic by Kathleen Jacques. It follows two bands
, The Candy Hearts
and The Sourballs
, and the mutual rivalry slash attraction between their leaders, cheerful do-gooder Honey Hart and dark troublemaker Turpentine. Currently updates once a week.
This comic provides examples of:
- Anything That Moves: Arsenic, though he claims to be very picky, he just has amazing luck at finding the right people.
- Bold Inflation: Speech bubbles often include varied typefaces and other effects.
- Battle of the Bands: Turps and Honey will take any excuse to battle it out.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Honey and Turpentine, not that either one would ever admit it.
- Bi the Way: Foxy and Nic, Nic is also pretty good at scoring threesomes.
- Cast Full of Gay: Of the two main bands members; four are gay, two are bi, one is straight and one is transgender who has not expressed an interest in any gender.
- Everyone in Venus and the Angels is gay.
- Clue from Ed.: In this one...in reference to the page immediately before it.
- Cute Witch: Honey practices a type of religion that she made up, but seems to be based off of Wicca.
- Drag Queen: Markus "Venus Destructo" Martinez, fronting one of the secondary bands that sometimes appears.
- Every One Can See It: Averted with Honey, while the audience is fully aware of her massive crush, only one of her bandmates is even aware she has a crush. Coco is unsure though, if it's Turps or Arsenic that Honey is crushing on.
- Fourth Wall Mail Slot: Real letters from readers — but the fourth wall part is ambiguous in-universe, since the characters seem to interpret it as mail from fans of the bands.
- Heart Symbol: Constantly.
- Gayngst: Thanks to her grandmother, Honey Hart has a stigma that won't allow her to admit, even to herself, that she is gay. It's pretty obvious she is though.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Is not something Honey Hart would say, it's way too vulgar.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The Sourballs as a whole really.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Turps, Honey, Coco, among others
- Music Stories
- Odd Name Out: The Candy Hearts: Honey, Coco, Cherry, and ...Zero.
- Oral Fixation: Arsenic.
- Opposites Attract: The goody two shoes Honey Hart and the mean angry delinquent Turpentine.
- Damian and Nic count as well since Nic is a nice guy who loves everyone equally, and Damian could never love someone as much as he loves himself, also he kinda hates everyone.
- Rainbow Lite: Rainbows appear entirely in shades of blue and pink.
- Rainbow Speak:
- Retro Universe:
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Honey Hart, she loves almost anyone and hates no one.
- Ship Tease: Honey and Turps.
- Stage Name: Almost everyone.
- Transparent Closet: While never doing anything to indicate she is in the closet, Turps is rather shocked to find out that it is obvious that she's gay.
- True Companions: Strangely enough the Sourballs fit this dynamic better than any other band, even the Candy Hearts, who while good friends are not as close to one another as the Sourballs are, who come off as more of a misfit family then a band.
- The Power of Rock
- Unrequited Love: Stacy, a reoccurring side character, is in love with her male best friend, but he's gay. Doesn't help that they first met during a threesome.
- Coco, Candy Heart's bass player, has a crush on Honey, but knows Honey is in love with someone else. Coco takes it in stride if a bit sad that she lost before she got to try.
- Visible Silence
- Wingding Eyes: There have been both hearts and spirals.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Arsenic, Coco, Soda, and several extras.