Your anger is what blinds ya,
The flow of rhyme's what binds ya
To the true art of Tech-Hop.And It Don't Stop
Ice Cream Man, during his confrontation with previous champion Stelth
is a 39-page webcomic project (40 including the cover) created by Andrew Hussie
, most known for his MS Paint Adventures
, and Tauhid Bondia. It follows the newcomer battle rapper "Ice Cream Man" through a freestyle rap/robot battle competition. The story doesn't go any deeper than this, but the artwork is quite well done.Read it here.◊
A six-page prequel by Tauhid can be read here
This comic contains the following tropes:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Stelth's Reverberata.
- Berserk Button: Stelth doesn't like losing.
- It's Personal: The prequel reveals Stelth killed a friend of Ice Cream Man.
- Parody Names: Some of the other competitors in the tournament (which we never see fight) go by names such as "Spitty-Spitty Bang-Bang" and "Illsbury Dope-Boy".
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Crush Groove.
- Power of Rock: More like Power of Rap. The robots' fighting skills are directly proportionate to their Tech Jockey's rapping skills.
- Title Drop: During the climatic battle between Ice and previous Tech-Hop champion Stelth.
- Tournament Arc: The entire comic...more or less.
- Villainous Breakdown: Stelth. He starts yelling at Ice during the competition, then goes "screw this" and activates Reverberata to trash the whole place. The robots start duking it out and Ice resumes rapping, making Stelth angry that he's still treating it like part of the tournament.
- Your Mom: Ice interrupts Stelth this way.