Take what ye will, but don't rattle me bones!
"Welcome aboard, maties!"
is a Youtube Pooper
who is best known for his videos about skeletons
. He has stated that he wants to create 100 bone videos. He mostly makes YTPMVs and episodes of a series about the wacky adventures of a skeleton named Bones
and his friend Therapist
. His most used source is a commercial for an 80's board game called Rattle Me Bones, which has attained Memetic Mutation
status, in part thanks to his efforts.
Ricesnot's videos provide examples of:
- Aliens Steal Cattle: episode 5, "Space Cow Fight", features this. The alien also abducts Bones and Therapist.
- Anal Probing: In episode 5, "Space Cow Fight", the alien wants to do this to the most intelligent between Bones and Therapist.
- Ass Shove: In episode 6, "A Season Ends", Galrog's henchman comes not to bust him out of jail, but to deliver an anal probe he smuggled in his ass.
- Black Comedy Rape: In "Violated Bones", Bones gets raped by a man who is singing the Ding Dong Song. His counseling therapist becomes one of the main characters of the series.
- Crossover: "bones III" has a Bones-i-fied version of the Lupin III theme.
- Calling Your Bathroom Breaks: In "bones takes a dump".
Bones: "there's something I have to do. something I should have done a long time ago"
- Christmas Episode: "A Very Ricesnot Christmas" retells the story of the birth of Jesus with copies of Therapist as the Three Wise Men and a 3D render of a baby playing a guitar as Jesus.
Wise Men: "incredible. not even a day old and already shredding like a pro"
- Coincidental Broadcast: In "therapist's adventure" there just so happens to be a show on to help Therapist dispose of Bones' bones.
Therapist: "tv will know how"
- Dem Bones: Well, obviously.
- Fan Disservice: In episode 7, "Season Special One", Bones decides to end the season with a photoshoot of hot ladies, and then reveals that the hot ladies are he and Therapist.
- Food As Bribe: In episode 4, "The Dame (or The Broad)", Therapist uses this to win Bones over.
Therapist: "bones was being a total dick about it. but I managed to 'persuade' him"
[Cut to Bones with a huge strawberry ice cream cone.]
Bones: "we'll take the case"
- Fountain of Youth: In "Baby Bones", Bones and Therapist are babies.
Bones: "today, we are babies"
Therapist: "bones, what is this. why am I a babychild"
- Ghost Pirate: Rattle Me Bones is a skeletal pirate.
- Girls Have Cooties: In episode 4, "The Dame (or The Broad", Bones tries to refuse Nancy entry over this.
Bones: "It would be an honor to help you. but I'm afraid the mystery wagon operates under a 'no girls allowed' policy. please submit your request via e-mail"
- Honey Trap: It turns out Nancy is one of these.note
Detective: "see, you're stuck"
- Nobody Poops: Strangely averted by Bones himself in "bones takes a dump". The results are destructive.
Bones: "I shat out every one of my bones"
- Noir Episode: episode 4, "The Dame (or The Broad)".
Therapist: "It started the way all tragedies do. with a dame. or a broad. both convey the same meaning"
- Overly Long Gag: "Several bones" is a loop of a skeleton dancing to a loop from "Devil's Den" by Skrillex for 8 minutes.
- Riddle for the Ages: Nobody knows where the hell Therapist's picture comes from. note
- Schedule Slip: While there wasn't really one to begin with, the gap of time between episodes 6 and 7 of These are the Mysteries spanned from September 17th, to June 18th the following year. It's even referenced in episode 7, "Season Special One".
Bones: "But you'll be gone for months. No one should have to wait months for new mysteries"
- Skeletal Musician: Skelex, an obvious expy of Skrillex. There's also the trumpeter pirates from the Rattle Me Bones commercial.
- Standard Snippet: When the music used isn't from a video game or a show, it's all stock tunes. Some are used more effectively than others, but all of it sets the tone well.
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix: Since there are only thirty seconds of footage to work with, any music in the videos are one of these. He also remixed a lot of music from Mighty Switch Force! this way.
- Stylistic Suck: Every image used in the videos is from some form of stock image poorly edited to have no background (or sometimes not at all), with their watermarks clearly visible even when they could have been easily edited out. The animation done with them is all simple tweens and is very intentionally shoddy as a result.
- Suicide as Comedy: In "therapist's adventure" Bones shoots himself in the face with a shotgun.
Bones: "we could play 'eat the gun'"
Bones: "i'll go first"
Therapist: "wait" Bang.
- Weirdness Censor: In episode 7, "Season Special One", Officer Frank scans a piece of luggage with Bones hidden inside it.
Bones: "suitcases have skeletons"
Officer Frank: "oh OK"
"Batteries sold separately, from Ideal!" [sax riff]