Web Video: Brad Jones Demo Reel
"But... truth is, I just really wanna' fuck this thing."This is a one-shot spoof of Demo Reel by Brad Jones. It chronicles the misadventures of an amaterur crew as they try to remake movies. The episode centers on their attempts to make a truly sexy porno of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial... okay it's about Braddie insisting they make it and the rest of the crew reluctantly being forced along.Characters include:
- Braddie Broderick (played by Brad): The director and male lead in most of their films, who specifically insists on also starring in their ET The Porno remake because he has an obsession with having sex with his E.T. costume.
- Sid Oculus (played by Dave): The assistant director and Braddie's close friend.
- Gretchen Magnum (played by Jillian): The female lead, who had barely contained contempt for Braddie.
- Admiral Crackers (played by Brian): A former cereal mascot from The Sixties, who is now the crew's cameraman.
- Henrietta (played by Sarah): A heroin addict who's brought in to replace Gretchen.
- Karl Copenhagen (played by Rob Walker): A character from the original Demo Reel, who comes in to help finish shooting the porn.
Provides Examples Of:
- After the End: It turns out the series takes place in a post apocalyptic world.
- April Fools' Day: Thought you were getting a DVD-R Hell episode about The Day the Clown Cried? Too bad!
- As You Know: Braddie basically gets Gretchen to introduce herself this way.
- Bestiality Is Depraved: But Henrietta's sill willing to sleep with a number of animals if it gets her heroin.
- Blackface: Gretchen made this recursive, by playing Othello in blackface then whiteface.
- Captain Obvious: After Admiral Crackers gets a drug overdose,Braddie: I'm blaming the heroin addict for this!Gretchen: You think?
- Catch Phrase: Admiral Crackers has "RELEASE THE CRACKERS!".
- Comically Missing the Point: Braddie takes a minute to realize he's looking at a sewing pattern, not an actual costume.
- Cute Kitten: Of course there are some shots of Lloyd and Chloe.
- Deliberately Monochrome: Some of the behind-the-scenes segments are black and white, like the original Demo Reel.
- Engrish: The packaging for the E.T. costume says "Flame Retarded". The camera zooms in on the box text to make it clear it's not just a joke they thought up.
- Everyone Has Standards: Henrietta talks about all the things she would do just for more hits of heroin, but still refuses to do what the script for the ET porn calls for.
- Hotter and Sexier: Noted In-Universe that Braddie wants to do an E.T. porno that's sexier than all before it.Braddie: There's a fundamental flaw in the original version of E.T. The Porno, which is... it just simply isn't hot enough.
- The Immodest Orgasm: Karl when he's filming the porn scene.Ja, Ja, Ja, E.T. COME HOOOOOME! (puts down the camera) Ah... was it good for you, baby?
- Large Ham: Admiral Crackers is larger than life in both mannerisms and dialog.
- No Budget: It's why Braddie keeps reminding Sid they can't remake Hook. Doing Zardoz with no money is okay, since you just need to pass out acid cubes to the audience.
- The Reveal: It turns out the whole show takes place After the End.
- Rule of Funny: So Henrietta was wasted enough to talk about herself to a VHS copy of Dawn of the Dead, but the VHS was actually operating the camera.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Gretchen eventually refuses to be in the E.T. porn. So they have to get another actress. Even Henrietta decides to bow out.
- Sick and Wrong: Virtually everyone's reaction to Braddie wanting to make an E.T. porn, which gets worse the more he talks about it.
- Take That: R-rated films being remade as PG-13 films, among other recent Hollywood trends.
- Sid Oculus delivers one to people who make film parodies.
- Tempting Fate: Braddie says bringing on Henrietta hasn't done anything bad yet. Cue her leaving behind her heroin bag in the open.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: Braddie says that Admiral Crackers "was just too sweet for this world". Sid tells Braddie to fuck off.
- Trying Not to Cry: As Gretchen tries to talk herself into accepting her role in the film, she's visibly on the verge of tears. Yet when Braddie crosses a line, she's more disgusted than sad, and leaves the project.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Sid pukes when watching the actual porn filmed.
- Wham Line: Played for Laughs. "Wait. If you're there, who have I been fucking?" It was Admiral Crackers.