Web Animation / Shaggy Dog Stories
A series of wacky YouTube
videos, Shaggy Dog Stories follows the exploits of talking poos, orange elephants, talking dinosaurs, evil bananas, and more. They can be found here
- Aborted Arc: The Afro multi-parter has gone without any updates for some time.
- All There in the Script: Not in the script, as such, but occasionally certain characters are only named in the credits.
- Arranged Marriage: Dusty tries to arrange one for Charlene... only to suddenly realize that she's underage.
- Art Evolution: Has occurred over the course of the videos, most notably with Dusty, Charlene, and 100% Grape (who, oddly, devolves; while his appearance in Episode 0 is now his standard one, in Episode 2 he's pretty badly drawn and in Episode 3, he's just a floating head).
- Call-Back: Episode 13, Deja Poo, is basically a remade Episode 1... but soon goes off the rails when Ninjas attack.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Episode XVI, Succession of the Bum Witches Part I, is far more plot-orientated than the other episodes.
- Christmas Special: "A Very Dusty Christmas".
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Fred, who played an important role in the 1st episode, hasn't appeared since (bar a brief appearance in Episode 7).
- Clip Show: Episodes XI is some weird combination of this and Previously On, having no plot whatsoever.
- Cliffhanger Copout: Happens quite a bit, with some episodes ending with a cliffhanger only for everything to return to normal next episode.
- Continuity Cavalcade: Practically every character in the series appears in the opening titles for A Very Dusty Christmas.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: The ant-possessed Food Inspector, conquerer of the world, is eventually defeated when Daddy Long-Legs chokes him with cash. Also, Fred seems to have a machine dedicated entirely to punishing daughters.
- Credits Jukebox: Generally, the credits theme is Theme from a Summer Place, but on occasion it has also been Yankee Doodle, Do You Know the Muffin Man, Yakety Sax, and Hark the Herald Angels Sing.
- Criminal Convention: Episode 35, "An Apple a Day", has an evil princess attending the Notorious Villains' Ideas Extravaganza.
- Deus ex Machina: By the end of Episode 2, Cinderella, 100% Grape, and the boy named Sam are all dead... only to be resurrected by the Magic Lady in the final scene at the insistence of Cinderella's ghost.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Not only is the art weirder in the first four episodes, but Dusty is a lot more irresponsible and Charlene acts a lot younger.
- Foreign Queasine: Mario's ant-filled pizzas and the deadly Fairy Bread.
- Fun with Acronyms: Subverted by a couple of acronyms which turn out not to spell anything: The Afro Lady's Operation FUSHI (Fudge Under Sicilian Homework Invasion), and Fred's PYDM (Punish-Your-Daughter-Machine).
- G-Rated Sex: Episode 12 reveals that 100% was born after an incident inside a jumping castle.
- I Know You Know I Know: Employed in Barbie and Ken's confrontation in Barbie's War.
- Love Makes You Evil: Played with; after Scand E. Louse's proposal of marriage to Fleatis is turned down, and although Scand himself isn't driven to evil, his father, Daddy Long-Legs, kidnaps Fleatis and forces her to marry the Louse.
- Missing Mom: Charlene appears to lack a mother entirely.
- New Jobs As The Plot Demands: So far, the Ugly Old Hag has been seen running a trap store, a video rentals store, a pet shop, and an 'Authentic Italian Cuisine' stall.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: "Justinian Beaver".
- Oddball in the Series: While not exactly odd, none of the characters from Episodes V & X have ever appeared again.
- Origins Episode: Episode 12 reveals 100%'s past.
- Pre Titles Sequence: Occurs in Triumph of the Afro-Lady Part II and A Very Dusty Christmas.
- Previously On: Appears at the beginning of Triumph of the Afro Lady Part II, and also makes up the entirety of the oddball Episode XI.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Almost every episode. It's right there in the name.
- Standalone Episode: While a new viewer can generally start on any given episode without confusion, Episode 5 is entirely disconnected, featuring an entirely new cast (which is never seen again).
- Superpowered Evil Side: ARLENE, QUEEN OF FECES!!!
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After Cinderella's death in Episode 3, 100% appears and sets out on a quest to retrieve his owner's ashes... only to totally disappear from the story.
- Widget Series