For those less familiar with the affairs of Oddworld Inhabitants in the 2000s, Squeek's Oddysee
was the name of the planned third game in the Quintology(composed, to this date, of Abe's Oddysee
and Munch's Oddysee
is a bonus game). Unfortunately, with OI's departure from the game industry(and apparent hiatus for over 10 years), it never got produced. All we knew about it was that it was about symbiosis and (maybe) species extinction. Very well, let's start speculating.
- All we know is that "Squeek has some connection with symbiosis and to be low in the food chain". It's obvious to assume he's a small symbiont organism that latches itself to other bigger creatures(akin to Abe's spiritual possession and Munch's electronic radar control), but... maybe not. Maybe he's a big herbivore, which would make him the lowest possible in the food chain. Possibly, Squeek's symbionts grant him different abilities, and he's the key to save multiple species of smaller and weaker species that cannot survive alone.
- Updated info relates that Squeek uses creatures called "brain slurgz" that latch onto a victim's brain and allow them to be controlled. It is very possible that this means that, unlike Abe and Munch, he will be able to for a small army of controlled creatures. Neat.
Mudokens are ancestors of Kroot
Both races are descended from birds, share similar nature-based themes, have low health, low tech, and have similar hair-feathers.
- Mudokons are descended from birds?
- According to Word of God, yes. A bit vague in-game, but there are things here and there that point at it, such as the bird portals and feather-like hair of Mudoken Natives in Munch's Oddysee.
Stranger is female.
Not only do we never see the signature horns that a Steef is supposed to have on Stranger, we never see the slightest traces of horns. The other races seen in Stranger's Wrath aren't very sexually dimorphic... Stranger might just be a she.
- I believe it's established that he had them cut off surgically so no one would realize he's a steef.
Stranger is a runt.
I was always under the impression that Stranger was a runt. If you look at the Steef heads mounted in Sekto's office, there are two sets of horns: a small set on the forehead and the larger ones further back on the head. Stranger not only has no horns, he doesn't even have stubs where the horns would be. The Grubs comment on how he looks quite scrawny for a Steef. A race that revered Steefs as their guardians would probably be able to recognize a female Steef, so that WMG seems unlikely. Itís hard to tell, but Stranger appears to be fully grown (and if he expected to grow more, he probably would have waited to get that surgery until after his legs were completely developed), and compared to the other Steefs we do see, heís quite small.
- Stranger filed down his horns to hide the fact that he had horns. Are the stubs shown in-game?
- In the scenes with his hat off, I don't see any stubs. Has there been any canon explanation that he filed his horns off?
- If Stranger is a female, it makes the capture scene a LOT darker... (Get those pants off!)
Stranger's Wrath had a sequel hook
Sekto getting away at the end turn the bittersweet ending into a downer ending
, but this was intentional: he and Stranger would've appeared in an Odyssey or Exodus game as part of a side-quest, providing support for you and asking for your help to defeat Sekto once and for all, allowing the player to use him temporarily. By helping him, Stranger would've shown up later in a Big Damn Heroes
scene to aid the main squad.
There will also be a HD remake of Abe's Exoddus...
And in the same naming theme of Abe's Oddysee: New N' Tasty, it will be called Abe's Exoddus: Twice The Flavor