- Executive Meddling: The reason Abe lost a finger between the first and second games. (And by executive, we mean the Yakuza, who claimed to have the Japanese equivalent of a copyright on any characters with four fingers. Seriously).
- Also why Oddworld initially left the business. While trying to find a publisher to host their newest game, they noticed that their potential partners kept wanting to renegotiate their contract. According to what they said in a GameInformer interview, this would have led to a cycle of Oddworld not getting paid while they jumped through hoops to please their partners. Not wanting any part in this, they simply called it off and closed up.
- Promoted Fanboy: Just Add Water, the team currently in charge of rebooting the franchise, is largely made up of dedicated fans of the original Oddworld games.
- Talking to Himself: around 80% of all of the characters are voiced by Lorne Lanning, the co-founder of Oddworld Inhabitants.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: The supposedly planned game "Nod's Oddysee" was confirmed to be a hoax by Word of God.
- What Could Have Been: Munch's Oddysee was going to be a MUCH bigger game, but limited time and not advanced enough technology prevented it from being so. This isn't even getting into the games put on hold while New 'n' Tasty is in development, such as Slig Storm and Hand of Odd.