WMG: Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
Wild Mass Guesses for the Kirby: Right Back at Ya! canon
Quick link to Kirby's Return to Dream Land
's WMG page
and the main Kirby WMG page
Kirby is a demon beast
In episode 4, it's revealed that Nightmare once made a demon beast that rebelled against him. Because of Kirby's extraterrestrial origin and his instinctive, in-born Power Copying
ability, this is more than likely to be true.
Meta Knight is a demon beast
The same scene in episode 4 depicting Nightmare's failed creation also shows it holding a sword, adding a link to Meta Knight. Also, the pilot episode
shows him with his wings, and he appears to be a monster summoned by Nightmare.
Fumu is something of an Expy
of Lisa Simpson. Nearly all the cast have Simpsons equivalents. (Note: Using the Japanese names, not the 4Kids ones.)
- Bun is Bart, age-swapped with Fumu.
- Fumu and Bun's parents are a more aristocratic Homer and Marge, though the dad is slightly less stupid.
- Mayor Len is Mayor Quimby (but faithful).
- The Police Chief is about as effective as Chief Wiggum. The unnamed goateed prisoner is a mute Snake.
- Kine is Milhouse, but a fish.
- Kawasaki is Luigi the Italian chef, not quite a Lethal Chef, but pretty average.
- Curio is Professor Frink with an archaeological bent.
- King Dedede is Mr. Burns- ridiculously rich, a Jerkass, hilarious, and the most active regular villain.
- Likewise, Escargon is Smithers with slightly more of a spine, and the crush on Burns is... erm... more subtle.
- Dr. Yabui is Dr. Hibbert/Nick combined with some competence.
- Ed and Lou quit working for the police and joined up with Meta Knight instead, becoming Sword and Blade.
- And Kirby is, of course, Maggie.
Not sure about Tokkori, Meta Knight, and Kabu yet.
But because he lacks a true body, he can't. He vents his frustration by creating bizarre food-based (and edible
) demon beasts. And if Kirby is truly Nightmare's creation, then this could explain his appetite too.
Sort of a fantasy-fulfillment thing.
He matches the coloration...
Had the series continued past Nightmare's defeat, it would have dealt with Dark Matter
With Nightmare being defeated, the only antagonistic force in the games by the time series ended who could have matched Nightmare's scale was Dark Matter. Being capable of both creating monsters and possessing characters, DM would have been the best fit for an antagonist to carry the series after Nightmare.
If the series went past Nightmare's defeat, Dedede would have been less antagonistic even though he would still have a rivalry with Kirby
By the last episode, Dedede has finally turned against Nightmare Enterprises with Nightmare himself being destroyed. The series did have nods to his characterization in the games (such as how he arranged for that playground to be built). With no more monsters to summon and having finally sided with the inhabitants of Dreamland, Dedede would have been less of an antagonist (if he didn't stop being an antagonist) and would have fought alongside Kirby against assorted threats to Dreamland (although he still would have his rivalry with Kirby).
N.M.E honestly doesn't care if Dedede pays for the monsters or not
They don't care about money as long as they can create chaos. And personally like to watch people suffer in debt
. After all, what would a Eldritch Abomination
want with money?
Tuff's design is based on Pokey/Porky from Earthbound
They look rather similar when you compare the two. (I mean the Earthbound incarnation, not the Mother 3 one) and Kirby and Earthbound are both made by Hal (Even if the show isn't) so it could still be a nod.