Freeware shoot-'em-up game for the Mac that plays something like Space Invaders, with one big difference — if you shoot an alien, the game permanently (it completely skips the recycle bin!) deletes a file from your computer. If you collide with an alien, the game deletes itself.Amazingly, people actually have played this and enjoy it (the high score is something like 412 files). We don't recommend playing this, though, unless you planned on reformatting your computer anyway note in which case have at it.It's been labeled as malware by several antiviruses, though it technically isn't since malware does harm without permission.No links, for obvious reasons. If you're really curious, just Google Lose/Lose for its site...and don't say we didn't warn you.
This...er, "game"...provides examples of:
- Freeware Games: A crazy one.
- Meaningful Name: It's a Lose/Lose situation — shoot the enemies, your files get deleted; crash into them, you lose and the game gets deleted.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: By stopping the alien invasion, you delete important files from your hard drive.
- Perma Death: The game deletes itself if you die. You could redownload it, but that's completely missing the point.
- Schmuck Bait: You know you want to play it and completely delete all of your files.
- Shoot 'em Up: An interesting form. You have infinite ammo, but the "enemies" don't really hurt you unless you crash into them.
- Violation of Common Sense: Playing the damn game.
- I finally beat the high score! Wait... where are my irreplaceable pictures of my family? NOO!!!!!