Build, Explore, Die Prematurely!Towns is an indie game by Xavi Canal and Ben Palgi. It's an open-sandbox simulation with RPG elements much like Dwarf Fortress (which is cited as one of the game's inspirations). You take command of a group of settlers who are trying to put together a small settlement in the wilderness. You control them by giving orders (to cut down trees for lumber, mine for stone and metals, harvest plants and slaughter animals for food, build weapons and armor, etc.) and placing zones (indicating workshops and homes and stockpiles for goods). Once your settlement gets big enough it will attract adventurers, who will explore the local dungeon and find treasures with which to improve your town further.It was made available on Steam on November 7th, 2012 as part of the Steam Greenlight program, and is also available on the game's website.
This game provides examples of:
- Man-Eating Plant: Carnivorous plants will try to devour any monster, animal, or villager who blunders into their maw. You can actually cultivate them as a sort of defense mechanism.
- Obvious Beta: Well, at least when one bought it.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: The Werepig.
- Shout-Out: The description of the Stone Hammer reads "It's a stone, Luigi, you didn't make it!"
- The medicine cabinet's description is "Pill's here!"