Video Game: System Protocol One
System Protocol One is a Tower Defense game published by WhileTrueFork Games in 2010 and released on Steam. In it, you play a System Administrator (or SysAdmin) tasked with defending various servers from hackers bent on taking control of them with custom-coded viruses, by deploying various countermeasures to deal with the various viruses that come in.
- Airborne Mooks: Averted; none of the viruses can fly over your towers. However, Background Vectors can only be detected by certain towers (though a well-timed Scan Bomb will temporarily reveal them to all towers).
- Area of Effect: The Compressor deals damage within a short radius when it fires, and the Pyramid Node fires virus-seeking code clusters that damage all viruses within its blast radius.
- Beam Spam: The Multiplexer's specialty, particularly when upgraded; upgrading a Multiplexer allows it to fire multiple simultaneous shots, each of which is capable of targeting a different enemy.
- Contractual Boss Immunity: Bosses are immune to the effects of the SUDO KILL tower, as well as most of the passthrough countermeasures (such as the Honeypot).
- Elite Mook: The "boss viruses" are just larger versions of the standard ones, with more health (and an immunity to the one-hit-kill attack of the SUDO KILL tower).
- Fragile Speedster: The Overclocked viruses - their code runs faster, but they can't take too much damage.
- Heavily Armored Mook/Stone Wall: The Hardened viruses; they're slow, have a lot of health, and are immune to low-damage attacks (i.e., those made by basic Ping Towers, Multiplexers, or Honeypots).
- Honey Trap: One of the countermeasures you can deploy is called a "Honeypot" - any virus that passes over it is sucked in and damaged by a specialized anti-virus AI (unless it's a cloaked Background Vector or a boss virus)
- Inside a Computer System: Of course.
- One-Hit Kill: The SUDO KILL tower (unless, of course, you're dealing with boss viruses).
- Splash Damage: The specialty of the Pyramid Node's attack.
- Shown Their Work: The SUDO KILL tower, which instantly destroys any non-boss virus it hits.
- Tron Lines
- Tower Defense