Video Game: Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs
The seventh Spyro the Dragon game, released on the Game Boy Advance in 2003.In a terrible mishap, Spyro, Sparx, and the Professor have inadvertently torn a hole in the fabric of space between the Rhynoc and Dragon Realms. Now, at the command of the elusive Ripto, droves of Rhynocs are pouring into the Dragon Realms in yet another attempt to make life miserable. Spyro must help the Professor close the hole quickly before both the gate and Ripto's giant ego get too big and the two realms fuse together permanently!
This game contains examples of:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Most of the late-game upgrades are powders than change Spyro's color pallete. The earliest one could give Spyro all of the possible colors based on which colored gem he had just collected.
- Awesome but Impractical: The charge abilities just take too long to charge in order to be practical outside of puzzling. Too bad that's how you have to defeat Ripto.
- Big Damn Heroes: Butler preventing Ripto from killing the Professor at the end of the game.
- Bragging Rights Reward: You unlock Pvt. Bird's levels for co-op and competitive multiplayer by getting 100% Completion. You need to collect every gem just to get Moneybags' Heart (not that one).
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: In the credits, Ripto is being cared for like a baby by Butler.
- Gotta Catch Them All: The ultimate objective of the game is to collect all the Hearts of the Realms. And in most cases, in order to get a Realm's Heart, you need to collect a number of other items so that the current keeper can either retrieve it from wherever it's kept, or be able to spare it from whatever task it's being used for. And in some cases you have to complete a pair of rescue mission subquests (One each for Sergeant Byrd and Agent 9) to get the key to the chest in which an item you need to acquire a Heart is found, making it a three layer deep Fetch Quest.
- Market-Based Title: Spyro Adventure in Europe.
- Safecracking: The Master Thief locked the Heart of his Realm into his safe, and needs his tools to get it out. He ultimately ends up destroying the safe completely in his efforts to open it. When you consider the fact that it's his safe to begin with, this seems really odd, as he should have already known the combination.