Locke D'Averam has been chilling out in Hell for centuries when someone decided to resurrect him. As it turns out, The Kingdom of Ahkuilon is under attack by a Cult calling themselves the Children of the Change, who kidnapped the king's only daughter, and Locke, the long-dead ruler of a long-gone empire, seems like just the right guy to bring her back. Unable to defy his new master's orders, the eponymous Revenant Zombie sets off on his quest, which proves all but simple and straightforward.Revenant is a largely forgotten epic Action RPG by Cinematix Studios from the year 1999. One of its most notable features was a complex and elaborate real-time combat system, consisting of a large number of various combos and tactics, which had to be adopted on the fly against specific enemies. Combined with surprisingly fluid animations (for the time), Revenant was a remarkable gaming experience.
The game provides examples of following tropes:
- And Show It to You: Locke threatens with this often.
- Anti-Hero: Locke.
- Cult: Children of the Change.
- Deal with the Devil: Locke has made one in the backstory.
- Hell: Called Anserak here.
- No-Gear Level: The fight against the Ogrok Hand Combat champion.
- Reincarnation Romance: Princess Andria is the reincarnation of Locke's beloved ex-wife from his past life.
- Resurrected for a Job: The whole premise.
- Resurrected Romance: Locke and Andria.
- Revenant Zombie: Locke.
- Save the Princess: What your mission seems to be at first.
- Technicolor Science: Revenant features the usual red/health and blue/mana potions codified by Diablo.
- Training Dummy: In the tutorial mission.