Video Game / Parasite Strike
is an online
2D Flash Horizontal Scrolling Shooter
made by Dustin Aux
3 Years ago at Montfort Military Base, U.S.A. Once home to the most highly trained soldiers in the country, powerful aircraft, and some of the best technology. A meteorite crashed into the center of the base. This meteorite was not ordinary at all. Thousands of alien lifeforms crawled out of the base and attacked the soldiers. The military tried their best to kill the aliens but, they were overwhelmed as the aliens were mostly immune to their bullets and other forms of conventional weaponry. The general of the base had come to the final hard decision of launching a nuclear missile at the base, to annihilate the alien threat - or at least most of it. It was not the best decision made...
Instead of annihilating the alien threat, the nuclear blast instead, mutated the aliens and gave them parasitic characteristics. They then began to infect their fallen brethren, as well as the fallen military. It was not an alien invasion, it became a parasitic invasion. With conventional weaponry now all but useless, the base was completely deserted. With no resistance, the aliens took over the base as well as utilizing all the technology and vehicles left. Thankfully, due to guard towers stationed just outside the fort, no parasitic aliens were able to escape the base grounds. Yet, the fallen were to revive just a few hours later. The situation seemed hopeless but, all was not lost.
Over these past three years, Dr. Wesley and his assistants have been looking for a way to eliminate this threat. And after all this work, they have finally discovered and engineered a poison that can harm these lifeforms. Wesley, because of his previous jet flying experience, has decided to fly on a solo mission into the heart of the base to fire the poison in the core of the meteorite and as a result, hopefully neutralize the parasitic invasion once and for all.
Equip up to 3 weapons, adjusting each's angle and position individually, as well as up to 4 gadgets to best suit your strategy. Earn experience from each parasite destroyed. With this experience, upgrade your ship, weaponry, as well as installing gadgets to give an edge in battle. Play through 6 main levels, while discovering 6 secret levels along the way, and fight 7 bosses that will challenge your skills. Will you be able to help Wesley destroy this parasitic strike?
This game can be played at here
Parasite Strike provides examples of:
- Alien Invasion: The game's main plot and setting as the alien lifeforms have invaded the military base.
- Awesome Yet Practical: The Homing Missiles. Sure, they deal less DPS than the regular missiles, but their damage and fire rate is enough to kill most regular mooks, and can home in on enemies including those behind you (therefore reducing the need for a rear weapon).
- Bonus Boss: The Secret Weapon. It's arguably tougher than the final boss as it uses its "pink fire cloud" more often, and has less breathing room.
- Bullet Hell: The Secret Weapon after it hatches. If you thought you were in for an easy fight after its first form, you're wrong.
- Collapsing Ceiling Boss: The Stage 3 boss. After it fires its salvo of lasers, it'll shake the cave and cause stalactites to rain on you.
- The Computer Is A Lying Bastard: The description of the Flame Shield tells you that it protects from ALL fire-based attacks. Equipping it doesn't protect you at all from the Secret Weapon's or alien leader's fire Breath Weapon.
- Early Game Hell: The first level is pretty tough without any extra weapons or upgraded ones. After beating it, you can get more weaponry which allows you to beat it over again much more easily, giving you access to powerful weapons early.
- Deadly Walls: Touching walls causes you to take damage. Buying the Ground Barrier gadget allows you to avert this.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The "Laser" weapon, which can also traverse through almost any obstacle or obstruction.
- Harder Than Hard: The "INSANE" difficulty setting.
- Homing Projectile: The "Homing Missiles" are this, with the ability to home in onto targets at the cost of a lower amount of damage and fire rate.
- Infinity Plus One Jet: The Super Jet, with an apt description of "the ultimate fighter jet". It can use 3 weapons and 4 gadgets at once but, costs 100,000 Coins.
- Last Lousy Point: One of the toughest challenges in the game is to get a Platinum on Stage 3. It's relatively easy to get Platinum on all the other stages.
- Macross Missile Massacre: The "Mini-Missiles" weapon rapidly fires a series of small missiles that crisscross before hopefully nailing their intended targets.
- Nintendo Hard: The latter bosses and the secret bosses can become this - especially on Hard or INSANE mode.
- Nuke 'em: The general's final decision on what to do with the seemingly endless onslaught of aliens at the base around three years ago. Unfortunately, it gave the aliens parasitic abilities and basically made the situation worse.
- Our Dragons Are Different: The boss of the secret mission 3.2, Secret Weapon, is a dragon that seems to be fond off firing bullets all over the place. It even "hatches" from one of the alien ships.
- Puppeteer Parasite: The aliens gain this ability (as well some retaining their original bodies) after the nuclear missile strike.
- Spread Shot: The "Tri Spread" weapon fits this description to a tee.
- Stationary Boss: The third boss, fifth boss, final boss' second form and the Bonus Boss' first form don't move at all.
- Strong Flesh, Weak Steel: Played straight with the alien dragon and the final boss, both of whom can take more damage than the game's mechanical bosses.
- Trick Boss: The Secret Weapon. After you beat a not-very-tough alien ship-thing, it hatches into the true boss, an alien dragon.
- Underground Level: Missions 3 and 3.1 both take place in the "Caverns" which are located underground.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: The first boss can be this to first-time players, due to being an Early Bird Boss that can fire out pseudo-Bullet Hell.