Video Game: Knight's Contract
Knight's ContractThe Black Death assails Europe, and the Witches are to blame. Decapitated or put to the torch, seven witches are killed.Thing is, they've come back ... and they're pissed.Enter Heinrich Hoffman and Gretchen, an unlikely pair of a Witch and her chosen Knight, who are out to kill the witches for good this time.Knight's Contract was an early 2011 game for the Xbox 360 by Game Republic, set in dark fantasy medieval Europe. It had a good soundtrack, an interesting art style, and a poor choice of excessive use of QuickTime events. Few people took note of it.
The video game features the following tropes:
- Action Commands: Heinrich can Tag Team with Gretchen's spells to finish off enemies in Gore-tastic style, and it's mandatory to do this during boss fights. Used to the point of Press X to Not Die for some sequences.
- A God Am I: Faust and Verderinde are basically drunk on this, once they get their hands on the Anima del Monde.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Gretchen's finishers consist of her growing to giant size and killing every enemy on screen.
- Hilariously, these include sitting on them and crushing them with her cleavage.
- Big Guy: Heinrich
- Bare Your Midriff: Gretchen
- Bridal Carry: Heinrich can do this with Gretchen in-game. It causes both of them to recover health.
- Came Back Wrong: The six resurrected witches. Straeggle is the first one to show that coming back to life after you've been killed by horrible disfiguration is indeed not pretty.
- Cosmic Keystone: The Anima Del Monde
- Escort Mission: The entire game. Heinrich is immortal, but Gretchen is not.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Gretchen is naked in her finishers. Played for pure fanservice.
- Hot Witch: Gretchen. And Verderinde.
- One-Winged Angel: Faust's Ultimate Form and Verderinde (Revenge Incarnate).
- Press X to Not Die: Played straight to aggravatingly egregious levels, since the Quick Time Events during boss fights have very unforgiving timeframes the higher the difficulty level, and the smallest mistake means you die, and have to start the fight from scratch.