Kit and The Octopod
is an online
game developed by Jay Armstrong Games
The Octopod is in love with another Octopod - the girl of his dreams. However, she has been captured by the evil Bad Mood Bear, with the Octopod being powerless it stop him! However, hope is not lost for the Octopod as he comes across Kit, who graciously agrees to help him on his quest to rescue her. Can you collect all 16 medals, rescue all hostages, return every chicken to its nest, defeat all enemies, conquer the Bad Mood Bear, and save the Octopod's girlfriend?
This game can be played at here
Kit and The Octopod provides examples of:
- A Boy and His X: In this case, a boy or girl and his or her octopod.
- An Axe to Grind: The main weapon of the boss captains.
- Bears Are Bad News: Bad Mood Bear. Subverted if you decide to spare the bear at the end.
- Big Bad: The Bad Mood Bear.
- Excuse Plot: The one outlined in the description above is the main story to this game.
- Heel Face Turn: If you choose to spare the Bad Mood Bear, he'll defect, release the Octopod's girlfriend, and join Kit's side - as a result, becoming close friends with Kit and both possibly becoming co-rulers of the kingdom.
- Numerical Hard: The only thing that changes when selecting a different difficulty level is the number of lives that Kit has. For easy, medium, and hard mode, the number of lives are 4, 3, and 2 respectively.
- Overworld Not To Scale: It contains an overview of all three main stages.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: Playing as a different gendered Kit affects nothing except for appearence.
- Sand Worm: The second and fourth bosses that Kit battles.
- Slippy Slidey Ice World: All the levels between "Outer Mavigonia" and "Bear's Cave".
- Spikes of Doom: They instantly and messily kill Kit upon touch or impact.
- Wall Crawl: After grabbing onto a wall, Kit can scale up it for a short period of time before beginning to slowly slide down the wall.
- Wall Jump: Kit can do these without impunity and repeatedly. Though, due to the way this move functions, it can backfire.
- Wrench Whack: Kit's melee weapon. It is surprisingly effective at tearing apart opponents.