Fluidity is a WiiWare
2d platformer developed by Curve Studios. Also known as Hydroventure
in PAL territories.
You are a puddle of water controlled by tilting your Wiimote. You have to clean pages of the magical book off The Influence — bad black goo. You destroy black enemy blobs, collect Rainbow Drops and puzzle pieces and get power-ups.
Sequel called "Fluidity: Spin Cycle" was announced for Nintendo 3DS
, coming to eShop December 2012.
Fluidity contains examples of
- Convection Schmonvection: Being inches away from lava won't melt you in your ice state.
- Elemental Shapeshifter: All three states of water represented, each with their own set of unlockable abilities.
- Gotta Catch Them All: Apart from Rainbow Drops, each of the four worlds is filled with dozens of flowers and hidden puzzle pieces.
- Metroidvania: big interconnected world where you have to gather power-ups to advance.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: your character in Spin Cycle is a blue water drop. Rainbow Drops you save are girly looking and pinkish.
- Public Service Announcement: Graphical style of the game is a mix of PSA, school textbook and blueprint: clear lines, simplistic designs on people and animals. Thankfully, bright colours and background animations prevent the game from looking too dry.