Video Game / Adventure Time Battle Party
Adventure Time Battle Party
is a free to play browser-based Multiplayer Online Battle Arena
based on Cartoon Network
's show Adventure Time
. The game is much more fast-paced than other games of the genre, with a time limit of 15 minutes per match.
Each team consists of three characters that try to destroy the other teams's towers and ultimately reach and destroy the base. Additionally, there are altars around the map that can be captured by standing on them and grant power-ups to the team that hold them. Unlike other games of the genre, there is no money to earn and buy upgrades with. All progression is done by gaining experience and levels. Additionally, all characters start with all their skills usable, so gaining levels only serves to improve stats.Playable Characters
- Cinnamon Bun
- Finn the Human
- Flame Princess
- Hunson Abadeer
- Ice King
- Jake the Dog
- Earl of Lemongrab
- The Lich
- Lumpy Space Princess
- Magic Man
- Peppermint Butler
- Princess Bubblegum
- Sir Rattleballs
Welcome to the Battle Party
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Jake's ultimate skill, Giant Jake, makes him grow to giant size and stomp enemies.
- Baleful Polymorph: Flame Princess' Flambit Polymorph skill transforms enemies into flambits temporarily, which makes them damage their nearby allies.
- Bee Bee Gun: BMO's ultimate skill, Bouncy Bee, although unlike most examples of this trope only one, giant bee is launched.
- Difficult but Awesome:
- Gunter is designed as a DOTA-style hard-carry which fans of anyone like Vayne will enjoy who dishes out huge damage, but pops like a balloon.
- Marceline's kit is hard to grasp due to the overwhelming amount of abilities she has. If you learn to utilize the CC from her transformation, and land your roots in bat form, you will be a force to be reckoned with, capable of bursting down enemies with combos.
- Jake the dog's ultimate is one of the best in the game, however, Jake himself moves incredibly slow being a tank. The key to maximizing your damage on Jake is to utilize your passive or stun to make it easier to defeat your enemies.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Several elements of the game point towards it not actually taking place in the same continuity as the show:
- One of Marceline's costumes is of her when she was eight years old; she still has all of her vampire-related abilities even though she didn't become a vampire until her late teens/early twenties.
- Fionna is playable, and several characters has their gender-swapped counterparts as skins. These characters do not actually exist in the Land of Ooo, as they are the product of the Ice King's imagination.
- Billy is a playable characters, as well as Rattleballs, despite the fact that Billy was killed off before Rattleballs was introduced.
- Glass Cannon: Played both straight and literally with Gunter. Gunter has some of the highest damage output in the game and the lowest health in the game. His main form of attack is to throw bottles. See below.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: The game's Excuse Plot is that Princess Bubblegum is studying why the inhabitants of Ooo love to fight so much. Finn and Jake being invited is obvious, but somehow she also got Ice King, The Lich, Hunson Abadeer, and Gunter (Who is possibly the most evil being in Ooo) to play along.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: Most of Gunter's attacks involve throwing bottles.
- Lightning Bruiser:
- Peppermint Butler. He was already a combonation of mobility and high damage, but when you hit his ultimate...
- Fionna. Riven's dash, high health regeneration, and a Tryndamere ult.