My handle (which I also use everywhere else on the net) comes from the original Baldur's Gate. Occasionally, I attach "Alvane" to it, after a character from Dreamfall (not after his namesake from The Longest Journey).
- I invented the Laconic Wiki.
- Wrote most of following writing guides:
- Contributed to following Analysis entries (and maintaining the Analysis.Video Games index):
- I also occasionally post essays on trope-related topics on my blag:
My works available in English
- I wrote the "The Yay Agenda", "Family Matters", "Heävy Mëta", "Song for You", "Troublesome Heirloom", and "Worst Case Scenario" arcs for TV Tropes The Webcomic.
- Occasionally updating a series of Urban Fantasy/Cosmic Horror/Conspiracy Thriller/Girls Love short stories about Hanna Edelstahl and Greta Weissgold.
- My first major published fanfic was Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha AtonerS.
Made Of Wins awarded to me
- From Scud East for starting the Weregeek entry.
- From Meta Four for starting the Laconic Wiki namespace.
- From Silent Hunter for writing the initial Common Ranks list.
- From Xander77 for the Hedgehog description in Russian Humour.
- A 1/3 MOW from Curtmack for slashing Konata/Kagami.
- A tiny MOW from Haven for inventing Wikimedea.
- From Malchus for compiling a chronology of TV Tropes The Webcomic.
Tropes associated with me
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Usually type 2 or 3.
- Badass Longcoat: I mostly wear long coats outdoors.
- Big Brother Mentor: Often end up as this to my younger peers.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Often hear this about myself.
- Classical Music: Ludwig van Beethoven is my God.
- Conspiracy Theorist: I just see too many possible connections to dismiss all of them.
- Forgets to Eat: There are more important things in life than food.
- Green Eyes: The only one in an otherwise completely Gray Eyed family.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: The only alternative to longcoats. Unless it's a leather longcoat.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: I never wear hats, ever.
- Husky Russkie: Of the Gentle Giant sort.
- Lawful Neutral: With occasional lapses into Lawful Good.
- Metalhead: My favorite bands are Judas Priest and Blind Guardian.
- Myers-Briggs: INTJ.
- Not a Morning Person: Not really.
- Power Vest: Prefer them over sweaters for warmth.
- The Spock: Very logical and consequential in everything I do, even when it puts me at a disadvantage.
- The Stoic: Detached and aloof most of the time, particularly in extreme situations.
- Stoic Spectacles: Default glasses of choice.
- Younger Than They Look: I regularly pass for someone five years older.
- Yuri Fan: Yeah.
I am currently waiting for...Games:
- Dreamfall Chapters (on-going episodes). The game I am waiting for. In fact, I have been waiting for it for six bloody years before it even entered production.
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (TBA)
- The new Mirrors Edge (ETA "when it's done").