is a Russian, point-and-click
videogame, created PIPE studios and celebrated cartoonist, Ivan Maximov. The game saw wide release on Steam in 2006.
The story begins when "Dude", a snail like man in a skirt
, wakes up to find that one of his sandals has fallen down a manhole beneath his bed. He ventures into the sewers and retreives his sandal, only to find that he can't get out again. The objective of the game is to escape the sewers, with the help of a cast of bizarre, darkly humourous (and miserable) sewer dwellers. Needless to say, it is all rather strange.
Full Pipe provides examples of:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: A huge, multilevel maze that lacks any obvious function.
- Adorkable: Dude
- All There in the Manual: The names of some of the characters, as well as descriptions of their personalities and back stories, appear on the (now inaccessable) PIPE Studio website.
- Black Comedy: Alcohol and prostitution gags, as well as humour derived from the misery or torment of many of the characters.
- Cute Mute
- Dangerously Short Skirt: Worn by Dude.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: The Dude pays a female character, and they shut themselves into a cubicle together. Noises and happy faces ensue.
- Dripping Disturbance
- Hammer Space
- Heroic Mime: Everyone is a mime in the sewers.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: 45, according to one source. Though only the back stories of a few were provided,
- Moon Logic Puzzle: Most puzzles require the Dude to use certain objects in conjunction with the NP Cs, who often interact with said objects in perculiar ways. Further more, as the cast of characters are mute, the player has to establish what use the characters serve, based on their behaviour and appearance. Seeing as how most the cast are weirdly shaped to perform a specialised function whilst the items tend to be mundane, solutions can become very circuitous and abstractnote .
- Most Annoying Sound: Dude's sandals, slapping the floor everywhere he goes.
- Trampoline Tummy
- Ugly Cute: Most the cast, who are freakishly shaped and miserable, yet adorable in their own way.
- Unsuspectingly Soused: Dude can't handle whatever it is the workers drink during their power breaks.