- The Client willingly accepts that the actions from which they have thus far been immune from consequence are, in fact, wrong. Knowing they are wrong is not a breach of contract, but acknowledging it and feeling regret is. Furthermore, the Warranty will immediately terminate if they take steps to change for the better.
- Please be advised that Clients who are also enrolled in the Audience Sympathy Protection Plan will lose this policy as well if the Warranty is breached in this manner, since the audience is usually torn between smug pleasure that the Client got their comeuppance, and a sense of injustice that it happened at exactly the wrong time.
- The Client opposes or is opposed by another Client who has taken Refuge in Audacity, has a greater Jerk Ass credit rating, and/or bribed Karma Houdini Consequence Insurance to void the first Client's Warranty. Clients who are either lovable rapscallions who only do minor misdeeds, or unctous Smug Snakes are especially at risk of having their warranty voided in this manner; we strongly advise you have a backup plan, particularly because this is a condition that is very often outside the control of the Client.
- The storyline the Client is part of develops Cerebus Syndrome, thus depriving the Client of his/her Joker Immunity, or Karma Houdini Consequence Insurance's president suffers a breakdown.note As with the opposing Client clause above, this is often out of the Client's control, and so a backup plan is strongly recommended.
- The Client moves to Nebraska.
Trope Co / Karma Houdini Warranty
Thank you for purchasing Karma Houdini Consequence Insurance, the top provider of fictional comeuppance dissuasion! While you get to enjoy complete freedom from the vicious retribution of Karma, related phenomena, and even your own mistakes, take note that the Karma Houdini Warranty has guidelines of minimum safety which must be followed or risk voiding the Client's coverage. The warranty is null and void if and when: