Trivia: Sense and Sensibility
The book provides examples of:
The 1971 miniseres provides examples of:
- Dawson Casting: Joanna David and Ciaran Madden were both about 23 during filming playing 19 and 17 respectively.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- This was the debut television performance of Joanna David, who has gone on to a very successful career. She's probably best known for playing another Jane Austen character: Mrs. Gardiner in the 1995 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.
- Michael Aldridge was already a well-known actor at the time, but is probably best known for his later roles as Seymour in Last of the Summer Wine and Professor Kirke in the 1988 BBC adaptation of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
The 1981 miniseres provides examples of:
- Dawson Casting: Averted by Tracy Childs who was 17 during filming. Played straight by Irene Richard who was in her 20s.
The 2008 miniseres provides examples of:
- Dawson Casting: Played straight with Hattie Morahan and Charity Wakefield, who were 26 and 24 respectively during filming. Averted by Lucy Boynton (Margaret Dashwood) who was actually 13.
Ang Lee's 1995 movie provides examples of:
- AFIS 100 Years 100 Passions: #70
- Dawson Casting: Averted. Kate Winslet was still in her teens, and Emma Thompson's character was given an Age Lift.
- Directed by Cast Member: Emma Thompson was the head screenwriter for the film, for which she won an Academy Award and a Golden Globe.