- Dueling Products: Pathfinder and Dungeons & Dragons. Pathfinder appears to have won against D&D 4th Edition, beating it in total sales in 2011-2014, but D&D Finally took back the top spot in February of 2015.
- Fan Nickname: Some players took to calling Numeria "Numeneria", due to the similarities between Golarion's token barbarians-with-hypertech region and Monte Cook's Middle Ages-with-Lost Technology world.
- Manual Misprint: Pathfinder splatbooks have their own version of this problem, usually as a result of multiple design teams and lack of correspondence. It's not uncommon for an early chapter to mention a feat or spell that was later renamed or dropped entirely.
- What Could Have Been: According to Wes Schneider, Paizo's Editor and Chief, there was a "lengthy discussion" about retconning Damiel, the iconic alchemist, to be transgender. It was decided that due to Damiel's mental instability that making him the first trans iconic would send the wrong message, and so they instead decided to come up with a whole new iconic to give more positive representation; hence Shardra.
- Word of God: The "Ask James Jacobs ALL your Questions Here!" thread on Paizo's messageboard exists solely to ask creative designer James Jacobs his behind-the-scenes thoughts.