Trivia: "Manos" The Hands of Fate
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: A film review from shortly after the premiere lists Torgo as the film's "hero", though granted he's the closest thing to one. Curiously, the reviewer also focuses in on Torgo's "beautiful set of teeth" as his most prominent feature.
- Fan Nickname: The film was often referred to as Mangos: The Cans of Fruit by the more frustrated cast members.
- Incestuous Casting: Tom Neyman (The Master) and Jackie Neyman (Debbie) are father and daughter. Debbie ends up becoming one of the Master's wives.
- Mean Character Nice Actor: According to Jackey Neyman, her father Tom (who played the Master) is a great guy in Real Life. Likewise, the Neyman family dog, Shanka, played the hellhound, yet was the friendliest dog in the world according to Jackey.
- No Budget: And how! John Reynolds even had to make the leg braces he wears in the film himself.
- Real-Life Relative:
- The actors who play the Master and Debbie are father and daughter.
- The Master's evil dog was their dog, which is why (despite the dubbed-in barking) it's very friendly.
- Talking to Himself: Everyone is dubbed by five actors, including Warren himself. When the sheriff points out Mike's burned-out taillight, it becomes an odd Dada experiment in alternate reality.
- Vindicated by Cable - This film was virtually unknown to the public at large until appearing on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Now, it stands as a "classic" alongside Plan 9 from Outer Space, Robot Monster , and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Justified: Apparently Torgo's unusual mannerisms and speech patterns were due to John Reynolds' use of LSD during filming!
- The pillars where the Master and his wives sleeps is a real location.
- The Master's "Lodge Of Sins" was actually the ranch of then El Paso County Judge, Colbert Coldwell. Sadly, the house where Manos was filmed burnt down. Hotel Torgo filmed the then abandoned house before it burnt down.
- The scene at the beginning where the family pulls into a scenic overlook and talks about putting the top down was filmed on Scenic Drive in El Paso. It looks the same to this day. The city in the background that Joel calls "Beautiful Ground Zero" is Ciudad Juarez.note
- According to the daughter of Hal P. Warren, his Halloween tradition was putting on the Master robe when he gave candy out. After her father died, her brother continued the tradition.
- John Reynolds, who played Torgo, committed suicide about a month before the film was supposed to premiere. He badly hurt himself while filming due to wearing the satyr leg prop backwards, but his death appears to be unrelated to the film.
- Jackey Neyman said in an interview that she had spent some time as a teenager and young adult looking for a copy of Manos in libraries and such, but never could find a copy.note Then, one weekend in 1993, she received a call from her father. Apparently, he had settled in to snooze in front of the TV with Comedy Central on, and heard some familiar music during a certain episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Elated, Jackey called Comedy Central in New York, told them that she'd been in this movie that they'd shown, and requested that she get a copy. The person on the other end was absolutely floored when Jackey identified what movie.