- Author Existence Failure: Unfortunately.
- Author Appeal: Gumby's appearance comes from Art Clokey's father, who had a cowlick that made part of his hair stand up like a bump.
- Descended Creator: Art Clokey himself voices Pokey and Prickle, as well as Gumby's father, Gumbo.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Rescued. People who despise the redubbed 1988 versions of the classic episodes were able to find the original versions with the John Seely/Capitol music on very old VHS tapes by Family Home Entertainment, but then these episodes were restored to their original form and the Gumby Essentials: Volume 1 DVD was released in 2007 containing the restored versions.
- Name's the Same: MY BRAIN HURTS!
The 1995 movie
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $2.8 million. Box office, $57,100. Played in only 21 theaters.
- Development Hell: There was a sequel in the works being planned by Joe Clokey, Art Clokey's son, titled Gumby 2, which would likely be followed by a brand new revival of the series, but it never caught on.
- The original film was finished sometime in 1991 (which would explain all of the 1980s-style rock music) but wasn't released in theaters until four years later!
- Non-Singing Voice: Tara's speaking voice was done by Patti Morse, but when she sang "Take Me Away" at the end, she was voiced by Melisa Kary.