Trivia: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
- Actor Allusion:
- Johnny touches Danny's hair, trying to comfort him, and plays it off by saying there was a bee there and he was afraid it was going to sting his face.
- Methodius, played by Christopher Lambert, when getting ready to fight with a sword, spins the blade in a rather familiar fashion.
- Doing It for the Art: Nicolas Cage prepared for the role by invoking Baron Samedi and other death entities in makeup and costuming. Instead of just wearing basic mo-cap markers on his face, he wore full Baron Samedi facepaint, had Egyptian talismans and relics sewn into the leather jacket and gathering tourmaline and onyx in his pockets to "gather these energies together and shock his imagination into believing that [he] was augmented by them in some way, or in contact with ancient ghosts". Walking onto set not saying a word and weirding out the cast and crew, he believed he was the Ghost Rider.
- Franchise Killer: The film's underperformance led to the rights going back to Marvel Studios after the studio's purchase of the property exceeded the film's profits.
- What Could Have Been: The creators behind Drive Angry originally presented a treatment of Ghost Rider 2 which would have been a true sequel to the original film instead of the reboot it turned out to be. It was deemed too violent, but in any case, it is insane.
- Eva Mendes was offered to reprise her role but turned it down.