- Actor Allusion:
- For Tsunenaga Tamaki: Four Eyes, Zero Soul? check. Experimenting on people? Check. Relius Clover, anyone?
- Exclusive to the English dub, Nagi Kengamine , he performs Sebastian's bow in episode 7. Another instance of Casting Gag in the dub.
- Also exclusive to the English dub, Genkaku's an Ax-Crazy Psycho for Hire under duties to kill superpowered people kept inside a prison and is voiced by Jason Douglas, who also voiced another such character.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: While the series tanked so hard in Japan that ratings data wasn't even released for it, the series has enjoyed a respectable amount of fame in America thanks to the recently revived Toonami picking up the show, with Viz Media picking up the manga rights after Tokyopop stopped translating it due to them going bankrupt.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Not many people knew about the manga when it came out, and due to poor sales, was canceled after five volumes when Tokyopop restructured, which canon-wise is roughly the same time the anime wrapped up. Unfortunate, considering that when the revived Toonami showcased the anime upon its re-launch, interest in the series soared, forcing those wanting to see what happens next to resort to scanlations.
- Name's the Same: Mockingbird's voice actor. No, that's not THE Ryan Reynolds.
- Playing Against Type:
- Series Hiatus: The manga underwent one in 2012, due to the author's pregnancy.
- Sleeper Hit: Deadman did not do very well in its original Japanese run, and FUNimation picked it up for a cheap buck. When it was announced that [adult swim] would be reviving Toonami as an anime-only block for late-night TV on Saturdays, FUNimation and Williams Street struck a deal to give Deadman a premiere-only run, airing episodes 1 through 12 as a promotion for the DVD release. While the first week's episodes weren't anything special, by week two the series ratings began to rival those of Bleach, with later episodes breaking a million viewers.
Trivia / Deadman Wonderland
The following are Trivial facts relating to Deadman Wonderland.