- Big Name Fan: Nick "Ulillillia" Smith, a minor internet celebrity.
- Creator Backlash: Original creator Michael Berlyn hated Bubsy II, which he didn't have any involvement in.
- He's also disappointed with how Bubsy 3D turned out, mainly because of a rushed development cycle and how they initially wanted to give the game a much more complex design.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Lani Minella voiced Bubsy in Bubsy 3D.
- Franchise Killer: Bubsy 3D, due to its extremely negative reception from gamers and critics alike.
- Genre-Killer: The huge subgenre of "anthropomorphic Mascot with Attitude runs around Sugar Bowl setting" platformers pretty much died off with Bubsy — though they'd been dwindling for some years — dooming James Pond, Jazz Jackrabbit, Plok, Superfrog, Zool and others to obscurity. Only Sonic the Hedgehognote and Raymannote survived.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The Pilot features Rob Paulsen, Jim Cummings, Tress MacNeille, and B. J. Ward.
- Old Shame: Rob Paulsen greatly regrets voicing Bubsy in the pilot and considering the giant amount of characters he's voiced, that's really saying something. Only Fred from Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island rivals this as one of his most hated roles.
- The Other Darrin: In the first game, Bubsy was voiced by Brian Silva. In the second game and the animated pilot, he was voiced by veteran VA Rob Paulsen. In 3D, Bubsy was voiced by another veteran VA, this time a woman: Lani Minella.