You went to go see a comedy about toys. You ended up halfway through flashing back to sitting at your grandma's bedside as she passed away.
- Jessie's backstory must have a direct mainline to your worst fears of abandonment and lost childhood for all the tears it extracts. Sarah McLachlan singing "When She Loved Me" in the background gives it a feeling of true love lost, too.
- The leadup where Jessie reveals she knows exactly what Andy means to Woody, and why:
Woody: Well if you knew him you'd understand Andy is a-
Jessie: [bitter] Let me guess, Andy is a real special kid and to him you're his buddy; his best friend and when Andy plays with you it's like... [wistful] even though you're not moving, you feel like you're alive, because that's how he sees you.
Woody: How did you know that?
Jessie: Because... Emily was just the same, she was my whole world.
- What Jessie said immediately after she finished the song.
Jessie: You never forget kids like Emily or Andy... but they forget you.
Woody: (heartbroken) Jesse, I didn't know.
Jessie: Just go.
- The scene where Woody refuses to go back with Buzz and the rest of the gang before the scene below was also tear jerking, as well.
Woody: I don't have a choice, Buzz. This is my only chance.
Buzz: To do what, Woody? Watch kids from behind glass and never be loved again? Some life...
- The scene where Woody realizes he needs to go back to Andy after seeing an old TV clip of himself singing "You've Got a Friend in Me" in the most straightforward and sweetest way if that makes any sense.
- "I can't stop Andy growing up. But I wouldn't miss it for the world." It gets more poignant given the events of the third movie.
- When Stinky Pete gives his backstory on why he's so adamant to go to Japan, even if it's by force.
Jessie: Prospector, this isn't fair!
Stinky Pete: Fair?! I'll tell you what's not fair! Spending a lifetime on a dimestore shelf, watching every other toy be sold! Well, finally my waiting has paid off, and no hand-me-down cowboy doll is gonna MESS IT UP FOR ME NOW!
- When Woody looks up, after Andy has done his own patch job on Woody's torn arm, with a sweet smile on his face, knowing that Andy cares for him all along...