Series: Tots TV
Tots TV is a puppet show for children by Ragdoll Productions (creators of Teletubbies, Brum and Rosie and Jim) for Central Independent Television, which was broadcast between 1992 and 1997.The show is about three elf-like creatures called Tots, who live in a big secret house in the middle of nowhere. The protagonists are:
- Tilly speaks Gratuitous French (Gratuitous Spanish in America), but understands English very well. She has a magic bag with her, which she likes to call a sac magique / bolsa mágica. She is good at playing the piccolo.
- Tom is the cleverest of the tots, and the oldest. He wears glasses and has blue hair... similiar to Truman from Dino Babies.
- Tiny is the youngest and has a Mickey Mouse-style voice, but with a heavy Essex accent.
- Alphabetical Theme Naming
- Bilingual Dialogue: Tilly speaks French (or Spanish depending on which version you're watching).
- Catch Phrase: Tilly: "Sac Magicque, Sac Magicque." / "Bolsa Mágica, Bolsa Mágica."
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: And HOW!
- Expository Theme Tune: "I'm a tot, Je suis une tot / Soy una tot. Tilly, Tom, and Tiny, we speak together every day, un, deux, trois / uno, dos, tres. BOO!"
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Every episode has a noun as its title.
- Meaningful Name: Tiny has a Mickey Mouse voice.
- The Movie: Big Treasure Adventure
- Shout-Out: As with Rosie and Jim, this show contains loads of sightings to find! Try watching the Playground episode! Good luck, you'll need it!
- Superhero Episode: Super Tiny. Yes, even for a show from the creators of Teletubbies.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: This show is very similar to The Super Mario Bros. Super Show in terms of segmentation.
- Trickster Archetype: For a francophone character, Tilly actually loves causing trouble. Take the time she used a donkey mask on the others in one episode.
- Three-for-One Show
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Tom, obviously.