Messin' with him is like rollin' the dice.
Thunder, in par-a-dise!
Mess with him an' you're playing with your life..."If you've seen Knight Boat on The Simpsons, you know the concept already.
Troping! In par-a-dise!
- Bigger on the Inside: The 'Thunder' itself.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Why recurring villain Hammerhead behaves the way they do. One of the final episodes implies he gets better.
- Buried Treasure: The MacGuffin of the pilot.
- California Doubling: Despite episodes being set in various exotic countries, the entire series was filmed in Florida (mostly Disney World). Some scenes are convincing, making good use of EPCOT Center's World Showcase. Trying to pass off Cinderella Castle as London, on the other hand...
- The Cameo: Several wrestler friends of Hogan appear as background characters, including Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Brutus Beefcake, and Jimmy Hart. The latter two are even 2nd & 3rd Best Men his wedding in the pilot.
- Casual Danger Dialog: Spencer calls his daughter to wish her luck on her first school day - while he's in a firefight in the middle of South America. He tries to convince her that the gunfight is a fiesta.
- Cool Boat: The "Thunder".
- Damsel in Distress: Kelly gets captured a lot.
- Deadpan Snarker: Spencer, Bru, Kelly, and Uncle Edward.
- Dropped After the Pilot: Spencer's new wife Megan was completely forgotten after the pilot movie, while her daughter Jessica was retconned to be Spencer's biological daughter instead of his step-daughter.
- I'm Going to Disney World: Said word for word in the episode "Blast Off", in response to a reporter who asks Spencer what he's going to do now that he's saved a Senator from assassination. It seems like a throwaway line at first, but a few scenes later Spencer gets a call from Disney, and he actually DOES go there, complete with a montage of Spencer and Jessica on various Magic Kingdom rides. (An easy scene to film, considering most of the series filmed in Disney World anyway.)
- Military Salute: In a flashback, the protagonists are shown sharing a goofy salute with their commanding officer.
- Marriage of Convenience: see On One Condition.
- On One Condition: In the Pilot, Megan Whittaker, who has been pining for Spencer, talks him into marrying her, because he needs money to pay off a bank loan and she needs to get married in order to fulfill her father's will's demand.
- Pool Scene: Repeatedly.
- Spy Satellites: In one episode, one of the heroes looks for a spy satellite nearby to hack into from his Cool Boat, finds one, and acts as a Mission Control for his partner.