It's not the Green Tom Show,
This is my favorite show!
Because it is my show!
If this was your show,
You'd probably like it more than I did,
That's just because it was your show,
But it's not your show!
It's The Tom Green Show!"
Provides Examples Of:
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Inverted. Throughout the show's run, Tom found numerous ways to make his parents uncomfortable, such as leaving a severed cow's head in their bed (because his father likes The Godfather), painting a pornographic picture on his father's car, and even putting a statue on their lawn depicting domestic violence, then a second one depicting a sex act.
- Bloody Hilarious: One skit involved Tom walking down the street covered in (fake) blood carrying a mangled bike.
- Broken Record: "I'M GONNA THROW A PIGGY OFF THE HILLLLLLLLL..."
- Coming from Tom it crosses into Madness Mantra.
- Butt Monkey / Chew Toy: Sweet Jesus, Glenn Humplik had it even worse than Tom's parents. From having his hotel room investigated for drugs at 5am, to making Glenn do trapeze with a hangover, or even just following Glenn around on the street insisting that the camera gets a shot of him peeing.
- Cringe Comedy: With extra cringe.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Tom receives one of the biggest swearing fits in television history from a cranky old man, simply for asking where he's going.
- Fan Disservice
- Ho Yay: Parodied In-Universe, in the most over-the-top manner possible.
- Humiliation Conga: To a random teenager on a cruise ship, and then the waiter, with help from Tom's instructions over the PA system to the other passengers.
- Large Ham
- No Animals Were Harmed: Usually they're already dead.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: A major part of Tom's skits.
- Only Sane Man: Glenn, of course.
- Overly Long Gag: "Tom Green Orders a Sandwich." It's just him at a Subway store asking to have toppings added to his sub for several minutes until the employee making the sub finally cuts him off. By the time he's finished, the toppings are about 4 times the height of the sandwich itself.
- Spiritual Successor: Some call Tom this, in comparison to Andy Kaufman. Jackass was one to The Tom Green Show.
- Straight Man: Glenn.
- Stylistic Suck: "The Bum Bum Song." Briefly the number one song in America!
- Too Much Information: Claiming that it's embarrassing to buy condoms, he decided that this time he'd bring the camera with him. He then details to the staff exactly how he plans on using the condoms. This kind of goofy subversion was a Tom Green specialty.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Holy SHIT.