I'm in the Band
is a TV series on Disney XD
about 15-year-old guitarist, Tripp Campbell who won a chance to meet his favorite rock band, Iron Weasel. He learns that lead singer Derek Jupiter, bassist Burger Pitt and drummer Ash Tyler haven't had a big gig in years and now live out of their tour van. Tripp asks to join their band after their original lead guitarist, Bleed broke up with them. They say no at first but after showing them his guitar playing skill, and convincing his single mom into letting them live with them, they accept. Tripp is also taking point on securing new gigs for Iron Weasel and trying to make them popular again.
But yeah, the thing about Derek, Burger and Ash, they're lazy, shallow, stupid (mainly Ash) and incredibly childish. Tripp's best friend, Izzy Fuentes, an aspiring singer and borderline-obsessive rock fan, can help the situation or make things worse. Add to the fact that most of Tripp's ambitious plans for Iron Weasel backfire and Hilarity Ensues
. It is chronologically the sixth and most recent series in the DCLAU
. Has a Cross Over
episode with The Suite Life on Deck
Only lasted two seasons and was cancelled due to low ratings.
The main cast:
- Tripp Campbell (Logan Miller)
- Burger Pitt (Greg Baker)
- Ash Tyler (Stephen Full)
- Derek Jupiter (Steve Valentine)
- Izzy Fuentes (Caitlyn Taylor Love)
This show provides examples of...
- Absentee Actor: Caitlyn Taylor Love (Izzy) is the only cast member who has been absent from some episodes.
- Acrofatic: Burger
- All There in the Manual: Ash's last name was only shown in promotional material.
- Badbutt: The entire show.
- Berserk Button: Never touch Derek's motorcycle.
- Big Eater: Burger
- Big Fun: Burger, again.
- Bilingual Bonus: Derek in "Annoying Arlene." Apparently, he's fluent in Spanish, Finish, and Turkish. Or at least knows how to say "Her neck smells like vanilla" in all three.
- Bishōnen: Derek.
- "Brilliant" But Lazy: Derek, Ash and Burger.
Iron Weasel: What?
Tripp: *tells them to do something*
Iron Weasel: Kay.
- Captain Obvious: Ash
- Casting Gag: On the show it is revealed that Derek used to be a Stage Magician as well as the band's singer. In Real Life, Steve Valentine is a Stage Magician as well as an actor.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Jared in the second season, so his role of Tripp's best friend was given to Ash.
- Clip Show: "Kicked Out for Band Behavior".
- Couch Gag: The lining in the guitar case in the intro is a different color every episode.
- Crossover: With The Suite Life on Deck in the episode "Weasels on Deck".
- Deadpan Snarker: Tripp and Derek.
- Determinator: Tripp, who is probably the most committed into making Iron Weasel a success again.
- Didn't Think This Through: In "Weasels on a Plane" when after Iron Weasel have a serious falling out after a nasty plane crash, Ash rents another plane for them all to go up in so they can work together as friends in landing it, though Ash didn't realize that he was also putting his own life at risk until Tripp pointed it out.
Tripp: Our friendship means more to him than his own personal safety!
Ash: I did what?!?
- Distaff Counterpart: The Diamond Sharks to Iron Weasel.
- The Ditz: Izzy shows signs of this.
- Downer Ending: Happens a lot. Though it's as down as a Disney comedy gets.
- Dumb and Drummer: Ash is considered a Genius Ditz... at best, especially in "Weasels on a Plane".
- Dumb Blonde: Tripp dates Lana in "I Wanna Punch Stuff". She is tricked to break up with him.
- '80s Hair: Derek and Burger
- Failure Is the Only Option: Iron Weasel will alway fail in becoming successful. SQIG after all.
- Fake Band: Iron Weasel
- Fake Brit: Bryan Callen as Bleed. This applies in-universe too, as Bleed is also faking a British accent. Subverted with Steve Valentine as Derek (He's Scottish pretending to be English).
- Funny Afro: Ash
- Gasshole: Burger
- Izzy learned to burp the names of state capitals from either Burger or the band in general. Eventually she was able to put as much force behind them as Burger can.
- Genius Ditz: Derek, Ash, and Burger
- Hypocritical Humour: After finding out that Ash has called his pet fish "Sushi", Burger complains that "Sushi's a food, not a name." Lampshaded by Tripp.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Somewhat, as many of the episode titles contained the word "Weasel".
- Jabba Table Manners: Burger
- Jerk Jock: Tripp's arch nemesis in high school, Bryce Johnson.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Derek
- Keet: Burger
- Not So Above It All: Tripp is the most responsible member of the band by far, but he's still a teenager and does act immature at times. An example was when Derek, Burger, and Ash lost all their money to support elderly while they were taking skydiving lessons in "Geezers Rock".
- One of the Kids: Derek, Burger, and Ash, mainly the latter two.
- Only Sane Man: Tripp's Mom, Tripp when his mom's not around.
- Parental Substitute: Tripp considers Derek to be his father figure at the end of "Lord of the Weasels".
- Plot Allergy: Tripp's peanut allergy.
- Poke the Poodle: The band's attempts to make Tripp angry in "I Wanna Punch Stuff".
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Ash
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Jared and Tripp.
- Shout-Out: The episode "What Happened?" to the movie The Hangover.
- In "Road Tripp", Burger yells "Skateboard on the sidewalk, Zeke!"
- Skunk Stripe: On Burger's beard.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Derek
Derek: They're not chanting for Izzy. they're chanting for Derek!
Crowd: Iron Weasel! Iron Weasel!
Tripp: They're chanting Iron Weasel.
- The Smurfette Principle: Izzy is the only girl in the main cast.
- Stage Magician: Derek much to his chagrin.
- Stalker with a Crush: Arlene, on Tripp.
- Straight Man: Tripp, to the rest of Iron Weasel and Izzy.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Principal Jenkins from the second season is similar personality-wise to Principal Strickland from the first season.
- Take That: Had one to reality/competition tv shows.
- Teen Genius: Tripp, when it comes to playing the guitar.
- Teens Are Short: Tripp is notably shorter than everybody else.
- Title Drop: Towards the end of "Weasels On Deck" and complete with a partial one for The Suite Life on Deck
Tripp: So, you go to school on a ship?
Cody: Yeah, it's a sweet life. You should join us!
Tripp: Can't, I'm in the Band.
- To The Bat Noun: To the band van, mostly. Can degenerate down to "To the that way!"
- Too Dumb to Live: Ash
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Derek and Burger. Its especially highlighted in Season 2.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Arlene's cat Hip-Hop.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Tripp, though that's only because his best friends are idiotic, childish, and lazy.