Ruined FOREVER: Professional Wrestling
- For many wrestling fans, the question isn't if Vince McMahon ruined wrestling but how may times he's done it. He's been declared the Antichrist ever since he bought the World Wrestling Federation from his father, when Bruno Sammartino and most of the old guard accused him of making a mockery of their sport with his theatrics. Everything McMahon did with the ECW revival beyond the original One Night Stand PPV was accused of ruining the memories of ECW forever.
- Hulk Hogan joining TNA has caused many smarks to proclaim the inevitable doom of the company. The fact that he and Eric Bischoff are working for the same company has only made the doomsayers even more frantic, and add to that the announcement of a 2 hour special on Monday night, and removal (then quick reinstatement) of 4-sided rings instead of the TNA's usual 6, not only do you have fans of the company crying doom, you also have WWE fans saying this proves the end is near. Of course, the ratings freefall isn't exactly making an argument against this.
- Within seconds of the dirtsheets reporting an indy wrestler has signed with WWE or TNA the smarks scream in unison that he or she is "Ruined FOREVER!"
- Ruined FOREVER was the reaction of many fans to the decision by Ring of Honor to replace Gabe Sapolsky as the head Booker.
- The PG era of the WWE has gotten this reaction.
- Industry veterans are often quick to target Triple H as a source of ruin, believing nepotism, greasing the wheels, and other backstage politics have brought him to where he is while trying to keep the product's focus on him and away from rising talent. The fact he's now a WWE corporate executive has not helped things.