We're gonna play this game on HARD MODE.
Team Paradox is one of the largest Homestuck
roleplays on the MS Paint Adventures
Forums as well as one of the most developed. It depicts six Trolls who decide to take on a game known as Sgrub with each other. And then things go wrong.
You can read it here
in the forums, or here
at the convenient mirror.
- All There in the Manual: A lot of details are mentioned in the forum threads, the characters' Formspring accounts, the tumblr account and the extra art and music, which you'll probably never hear about if you only follow the main adventure.
- Animation Bump: Oh hey there, pages 347 through 349.
- And, as in Homestuck proper, there are plenty of Flashnote updates.
- Arc Number: 56 and 65 feature rather prominently.
- Artificial Limbs: Shiv South has a side of his body reconstructed with golden limbs, along with a golden eye it seems.
- Ascended Extra: Apysur was originally slated to be killed by Snakemom.
- Badass Boast:
MK: I eat spite for breakfast.
MK: It is an important part of any winner's diet.
MK: Mmm, delisious spite.
- Bad Future: Suddenly it's sweeps in the future, and half the cast is dead, though this is a doomed timeline shown to us by Don Go.
- Cape Snag: Vladis's ancestor, Gnaventi Weatherheart, died when his ridiculously long and useless scarf got caught in a wind turbine as he entered his personal spacecraft.
- The Chick: Aliesh.
- The Chessmaster: Don Go, who likes to call herself Alternia's Second Guardian, is an officer of an eldritch god and orchestrates many of Team Paradox's events, usually in the form of callbacks.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Aliesh is territorial when it comes to her relationships, especially with her one-sided flushed feelings for Tronno.
- Couldn't Find a Pen: Tolero at the end of Act One.
- Dead Hand Shot: Used here on the real Black Queen.
- Face-Heel Turn: Najash in the doomed timeline.
- Fandom-Specific Plot
- Fling a Light into the Future: Or rather, a Troll.
- From Bad to Worse: The timeline is doomed; almost everyone is dead and the Black Queen approaches the two survivors. And that queen is ''NAJASH''.
- Funetik Aksent: Tronno's typing quirk.
- Gory Discretion Shot: There's blood spattered across every surface at the scene of Marnix's death. As to how he died or what his body looks like at this point... maybe we're better off not knowing.
- And then we found out in [S] Reverse
- Handguns: Aliesh allocated her strife specibus to Pistolkind.
- The Hero: Tronno.
- Hot-Blooded: Tronno when he gets particularly enticed, though he regularly climbs mountainsides for fun. After his custodian died, he was angry at the apocalypse enough to decree he would eat the meteor heading towards him.
- Hidden Eyes: Used on Najash at one point, combined with a Tearful Smile.
- Improbable Weapon User: Vladis and Tronno, with grappling hooks and pickaxes, respectively.
- Insistent Terminology: Tolero's blood is BLUE, not INDIGO
- Kill the Ones You Love: Tronno and Tolero at last admit that taking down Najash is their only option. Tolero seems far from happy about it.
- Knife Nut: Tolero's weapon of choice.
- The Lancer: Najash.
- Leitmotif: Most characters have one, but the most notable example so far has been SS/Jack with Ratscrew Reel/Ratscrew Regisurp.
- Lethal Harmless Powers: Najash's only psychic ability is controlling her own hair, which seems pretty useless until you see her viciously garrote her lusus with it to get to her brother.
- Making a Splash: Aliesh is hydrokinetic.
- Mood Whiplash: The death of Presbyteromantis Orditera.
- One Head Taller: Tronno to Tolero.
- Overly Long Name: Presbyteromantis Orditera is a smaller example of the trope, but compared to the other lusii it sure counts.
- Power Fist: Though his strife specibus is set to Armorkind, Marnix usually uses it for gauntlets.
- Prehensile Hair: Najash.
- Retcon: Several glaring ones thanks to the nature of spontaneous roleplay, the most obvious being when Tolero's timer inexplicably jumped from five minutes to five hours.
- Self-Imposed Challenge: As if Sgrub wasn't challenging enough already, Najash and Tronno make a pact to prototype with things that will make it even harder. This is seen when Najash does a prototyping before entering the Medium. With her Sgrub Server disc.
- Sensible Heroes, Skimpy Villains: Just compare Najash's normal, baggy t-shirt to the skimpy dress she wears when she takes over as the Black Queen.
- Slash Fic: Writing Karkat blackrom slashfic is one of Najash's hobbies. Tolero has been known to dabble in it as well.
- Stealth Pun: Space Bass, anyone?
- Tempting Fate: Man, skrew Naj. You'll show her. Skrew the intended entry order, really doesn't matter anyway. Vladis can wait. What's the worst that could happen?
- Terrible Ticking: Najash implies that part of the reason for her craziness is that she can hear the heartbeat of the universe... and that it causes her physical pain.
- These Hands Have Killed: Najash gets a moment like this after killing Marnix.
- They Died Because of You: Najash accuses Tolero of this, claiming it was her moirail's job to stop her from committing murder.
- Time Skip
- Underground Level: Land of Depths and Flow
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Najash delights in this.
CR: I'm putting your booksss in your load gaper!
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Tronno is extremely hydrophobic, a fact unknown to everyone but Vladis, and lives near the ocean to conquer his fears (which hasn't happened).
- Najash has a fear of heights. Unfortunate then that her designated planet, the Land of Rust and Vertigo, consists largely of elevated, rickety catwalks.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Marnix's typing quirk.